Career Officer
First up I just wanted to say how great the new lockboxes have been overall. Lots of new items that really add to the game ranging from vanity pets to fancy clothing. I was thinking that future lockboxes would be a great way to introduce more party themed items into the game. We already have party poppers from anniversary events which add a festive feel to social gatherings. So how about social use "deployable" items? They could probably draw from existing art assets in game too. I was thinking along the lines of this:

A holographically projected disco ball that rotates and projects light beams in a large sphere.

Some sort of party fog machine that emits fire extinguisher-style smoke, ideally colored in different lights too. It could even flash!

A deployable music item that plays the song from the nightclub on Earth Spacedock.

Portable fog generators akin to fire extinguishers that come in a variety of colors. Imagine being able to generate pink or yellow fog next to someone making fireworks!

Any other suggestions?
Career Officer
# 2
08-04-2012, 07:26 AM
As long as there is a feature to kill all sounds and visuals related to them, I am cool...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 3
08-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Sure as long as they only work on YOUR starbase. I could go for it.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-04-2012, 12:02 PM
How about a Special Project for it? 200,000 Dilithium, 1,500 Entertainment Provisions, for lighting, floor, turntables, etc., and 50 Seismic Stabilizers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I like it a lot, it shouldn't flash though, that has negative effects on some people. Otherwise gold.
Captain
# 6
08-05-2012, 09:39 AM
This is really @#$$ idea. Social items are an annoyance - period.
Career Officer
# 7
08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardat View Post
Any other suggestions?
Unless their use is SEVERELY limited (in place/amount of use), well beyond the (absolutely no) limitations that exist now on such items then my suggestion is to never do this ever, and that no more "social items" be added to the game at any period in time for any reason.

We have "goon squads" specifically devoted to griefing people with these devices and they do not need more ammunition. Since Cryptic hasn't been able to deal with the problem players, nor problem devices that exist then the least they can do is not make things worse.
# 8
08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Not gonna lie I would pay in excess of 20 real earth moneys for a Z-store fire extinguisher.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I just had a few other ideas I'd like to see implemented as social devices.

You know those firework things you place on the ground and they spray out a little fountain of sparks? Yeah those, I love those.

Also maybe a chocolate fountain you can place and click to give you various chocolate covered food items. Maybe you could even use those to breed special Tribbles that may or may not be restricted to social settings, for example make you sparkle or do a dance, maybe even work like that flute in that other game that shall remain unnamed, that makes other people next to you dance.

Placeable lights would also be cool, could be Disco Balls or any other kind of stage effects, maybe add some Trek instruments you can play for sound effects and maybe the ability to throw together a minigame for a stage show.

Edit: Oh, maybe even some sparkly dancer outfits, Champions gave out some that looked pretty good for one of the anniversaries.

Last edited by stealthymcthief; 08-06-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Community Moderator
# 10
08-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthymcthief View Post
Also maybe a chocolate fountain you can place and click to give you various chocolate covered food items. Maybe you could even use those to breed special Tribbles that may or may not be restricted to social settings, for example make you sparkle or do a dance, maybe even work like that flute in that other game that shall remain unnamed, that makes other people next to you dance.

Placeable lights would also be cool, could be Disco Balls or any other kind of stage effects, maybe add some Trek instruments you can play for sound effects and maybe the ability to throw together a minigame for a stage show.
I vote no. I especially do not want to sparkle or watch anyone else sparkle, nor do I want to be forced into dancing.

I can tolerate the party poppers up to a point, but I want this game to feel like Trek, not some flashy vanity MMO where everything goes as long as it looks cool.

I'm not opposed to people setting up a party zone on other people's starbases, but I do not want to see disco balls and light shows on mine.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek