Lt. Commander
Curious if they nerfed the drop rate in STFs a bit since last week or in the last patch. I don't remember seeing anything about it in the patch notes.

Anyways, I just started running STFs early last week and within the first 10 runs or so I already had enough Borg Salvage drops to get the MACO Mk XI Deflector and Engines, and a full set of Omega Mk XI space gear. It seemed like one piece of rare deflector/engine/shield salvage would drop every other mission and rare salvage was dropping quite a bit to. Now the last 3 days or so I can't get any salvage to drop save for the generic rare borg salvage which is fine since I can trade in 2 pieces for Mk XI gear, but I am still trying to get an XI MACO shield. Probably ran Infected space at least 10 times in the last day or two and not one shield tech/salvage drop.

I wonder if the first week I ran these was just luck on my part. I'm just trying to gear up to maybe run Elites, but I can't seem to get that damn MACO shield I want so bad.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-05-2012, 09:54 AM
A lot of people would kill for that kind of luck
Commander
# 3
08-05-2012, 09:58 AM
STFs and Drops ... a neverending story.
Currently playing a fresh VA Sci, had MKXII MACO Shield first ISE, no Proto Salvage for Weapons so far ...

Once had a really lucky streak, with Shield Proto+5 Proto Salvage in a single Space Circle (Cure, Infected, JA once each).

Then sometimes nothing "useful" drops 10 times in a row.

My Wife got crazy last week, having dropped several Proto Techs (Shields etc.) in only a few runs.
Captain
# 4
08-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Random drops are random.

Though the randomizer seems to be a bit streaky -- I tend to have "runs" of good or bad luck.
# 5
08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
No its completely Random.

In a week I had just gotten my Klingon to Lv 50 and managed to get the entire Mk XII HG set (Space) in a single day.

The Drops were literally back to back.

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.

Last edited by sdkraust; 08-05-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Captain
# 6
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Its pure randomness. Have one toon thats been trying for a proto deflector since April. Have another brand new toon that got all 3 space protos in her first 4 runs last week. Really wish they'd put the 12s in the store, even for like 80 edc each.
Career Officer
# 7
08-05-2012, 12:51 PM
I got 2 purple drops in 2 days, Tech drops, yes purple, where u can get Mk XII Omega/Maco space gear from!

seems to be the same as ever.