Ensign
# 1 Lockbox lottery
08-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey guys, I'd like to ask how long did it take you to get your ship out of those lockboxes? How many boxes you had to crack? Are there too many lucky people out there?

PS: This post wasn't meant to offend the feelings of all the box-haters around, I swear it. :D
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I sold a car and had some extra money to splurge so i put it into lockboxes and you know what.

180 dollars worth of lock boxes for the first time ever, and no orb weaver....i got a recluse with lobi's, but no orb weaver, 15 mirror ships, a bunch of doffs, but no orb weaver, am i mad a little bit, but more dissapointed because crytpic will never see me put another dime into lock boxes again because of that. Shows what a joke they are with actually giving out the ship reward, if you spend over 150 you should truthfully get the ship, it only really seems fair. But no more money from me guys sorry. Sucks i just wanted the web.
Ensign
# 3
08-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Awww that's a shame to hear. *hands over a cookie* But if you were ready to spend this much, why haven't you just bought the EC and haven't bought it off the Exchange? Just curious. ^^

PS: Recluse is more badass than Orb will ever be, I envy you
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan512 View Post
Shows what a joke they are with actually giving out the ship reward, if you spend over 150 you should truthfully get the ship, it only really seems fair. But no more money from me guys sorry. Sucks i just wanted the web.
If you have the recluse you can trade it for an orb weaver or as the recluse sells for more on the exchange last I looked, you could sell it there and buy an orb weaver. That's what I liked about the current lockboxes, in a way you can get the main prize after opening enough boxes but eben at a maximum of 200 boxes for a recluse... that's one expensive ship no matter how you see it.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 5
08-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
If you have the recluse you can trade it for an orb weaver or as the recluse sells for more on the exchange last I looked, you could sell it there and buy an orb weaver. That's what I liked about the current lockboxes, in a way you can get the main prize after opening enough boxes but eben at a maximum of 200 boxes for a recluse... that's one expensive ship no matter how you see it.
This -

I think this is the best lock box event yet.

AT LEAST you are guaranteed the Recluse, or the widow fighter if you spend enough money.

Personally, I think the Recluse is a better looking ship. I also like carriers.

I'm NOT to happy with the amount of money/lobi required to get the carrier, but at least this is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I hope they continue putting consolation ships in the lobi store. Otherwise just imagine spending all that money and getting a bunch of doff packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."