Ensign
# 1 Science careers
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello! I am new here and I finnaly chose to be a Vulcan Scientist, but I can't decide wich career should I choose. By career I mean the sub-class (like the medic). As my playstyle I preffer to be the healear on the ground and in space I would like to be the supporter like draining enemy shields or damaging the auxilliaries etc.

Thanks in advance!
Career Officer
# 2
08-07-2012, 02:49 PM
The beauty is, you can do both... ground and space skills points are assigned separately.

I have a sci myself, and pretty much go healer/crowd control in space, and medic on the ground.

Is there anything specific I can offer guidance on?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Ensign
# 3
08-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Thank you so much! Can you tell me what are the sub-classes except the medic that already know? (I can't remember their names)
Thank you!
Career Officer
# 4
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Well... I dont know much on the names of the sub-classes to be honest... but there are a lot of skills and bridge offer skill combinations that you can experiment with to find what works best for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Tanshuuu,
Give this website a look:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/

It should point you in the right direction.

For my medic, (ground, Medic kit) I do something like this:
Medic 9, weapons 6, Phys and PS 6, Sci 4, Threat 0, Prob 0, Will 4, Armor 5, Prob 0.
Now, one could medic-tank and max medic, threat, will, PS and Armor, too.

For a debuffer/Damage (Physicist kit), I do something like this:
Medic 0, Weapons 6, Phys 0, PS 6, Sci 6, Threat 0, Prob 6, Will 3, Armor 5, Particle 0.
(leaves 1,500 points to play with. Can't remember where my guy with this setup put those atm).

Anyway, that planner has great options and really lets you get an idea what you're aiming for.
Hope that helps!
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
Ensign
# 6
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Thank you all! Live long and Prosper!