Captain
# 1 STF torpedos
08-08-2012, 06:22 AM
so, when can we expect the torpedos to be fixed? I could put up with the fact that the enemy torpedos are invisible, or that they can kill a cruiser with no problem trhough shields. but not both... now these are just ridiculous.

I was shooting at a gate, it was at 2%, when I entered into the "danger zone" aka closer than 9,999999999km, and during the three seconds it was up, and I was in there it managed to shoot a torpedo and shield drain combo. when it went down I noticed after two seconds, I got the reddish shield drain, I did not care about it, it drained basically nothing, than after another three seconds I was dead. from what? a torpedo. I did not see either incoming, and it was just ridicoulous...

the other is Donatra. for once it shot visible torpedo spread. now in itself this is a miracle alone, but the other miracle, that I survived. I saw them incoming, pushed all shield power to the front, brace for impact, and with 20% I survived. I was so happy, because the same spread destroyed one of my team mates. but after no more then 5 seconds ANOTHER (visible O.o) torpedo spread came (I barely got my shields up, and my hull to 75%), which killed me.

so either do something about the visibility, or nerf them. the former would be the better choice, since it would enhance the game, because it gives a new feature. visible stf torpedos (ikr, many would be surprised, that the gates and donatra actually can shoot torpedos).
the latter would be a half solution. it would take away the only edge of the borg, which would make them seem even weaker (and they are pretty weak), but at this point I just cant see this other than cheating...
Lieutenant
# 2
08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
If you mean the "invisible" torps.... yes they are annoying and most of the time they appear only when you or other team-players spit out a lot of pets. It's a graphical issue in the game engine, IMHO, witch can't handle to much flying objects.
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Commander
# 3
08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
you attak a gate and it kils you with invis torpedos?

never noticed that gates can shoot torp, that can be the reason you never have seen them.

i never have your probs on any way and have done over 900+ space stfs.

Last edited by lostmoony; 08-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Captain
# 4
08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
you attak a gate and it kils you with invis torpedos?

never noticed that gates can shoot torp, that can be the reason you never have seen them.

i never have your probs on any way and have done over 900+ space stfs.
well, the gate might shoot invisible butterflies that hit your ship with torpedo explosions, and deal 50k+ dmg. the issue is with the invisible part
Commander
# 5
08-08-2012, 02:25 PM
and again for you have done xxxx stfs and never seen a torp from a gate and it will never happend!!!

gates dont have torp!!!!!!

i test it exclusive for you out i take position in the middle of the gate and watch 5-10 min what the gates shoot on me with max grafik option have seen 10 min only his 2x heavy AP beam from oper and lower side and the 2x tractor beam 10 min wait for a torp that never comes sorry

Last edited by lostmoony; 08-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Commander
# 6
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
and again for you have done xxxx stfs and never seen a torp from a gate and it will never happend!!!

gates dont have torp!!!!!!

i test it exclusive for you out i take position in the middle of the gate and watch 5-10 min what the gates shoot on me with max grafik option have seen 10 min only his 2x heavy AP beam from oper and lower side and the 2x tractor beam 10 min wait for a torp that never comes sorry
Wrong. Been one shotted by a gate when there was nothing else around, and I couldn't even see what hit me. Had to be the cutting beam O_o
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Lieutenant
# 7
08-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I do hate those invisible torpedoes! I can have full shields, full crew, full health, and BAM I'm dead. And the worst part is that I was no where near the enemy yet. I know what you mean. I often say: "crap! One hit by and invisible torp again!"
Commander
# 8
08-12-2012, 06:30 AM
hey can you tell me the exacly position where you stay to the gate and how far away,..... i will test/see it on mself.
Captain
# 9
08-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond2012 View Post
I do hate those invisible torpedoes! I can have full shields, full crew, full health, and BAM I'm dead. And the worst part is that I was no where near the enemy yet. I know what you mean. I often say: "crap! One hit by and invisible torp again!"
full health, full shields, maybe not full crew (it was 50%) AND active attack pattern omega, active science fleet 2, moving backwards (20% defense bonus), active tactical team 1, and smashing the forward shield button while I had the aggro at 7km from donatra. guess who blew up after a torpedo volley?
Commander
# 10
08-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
full health, full shields, maybe not full crew (it was 50%)
why anyone say crew it have nothing to do with dmg what you take only the passiv hull rep ratio what is in high dmg balltels not importend.

in most stfs my crew is perm full dead and it not touch me on any way. xD

high shild capacity+ high hull capacity + resis is that what says how much dmg you get so put in the bigest shild what you can get put in armors"armors=incresing resis" how much you can use that grants you low dmg.

skills to boost your resis alot, for example.

+ sif2aux the skill is called?+hazzart emitters+empts and co and your resis are so epic that you get near no dmg in battles.