Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
Do you have a weapon and/or console setup that clicks for you? As a race striving to better ourselves, we would like to hear about it! Can't seem to set your ship up just right? Can't last hardly five seconds against another player? Wish to make your escort ship more durable or nible? This is the place where great minds can come together and formulate the best combinations of weapons and equipment for both ground and space battles.

So let the brainstorming begin! Share with us the weapon setup that works for you, tell us what type of weapons you think works best, and tell us what setback you have, and we can solve it!

So let the brainstorming begin!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,522
# 2
08-11-2012, 04:39 PM
escorts/battle cruisers

4 DHC, aft turrets - any escort or vorcha
3 DHC, 1 DBB, aft turrets - any escort or vorcha

cruisers

8 beam arrays - any cruiser
4 single cannons, aft turrets - excelsior/galor only

thats about it.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 3
08-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
escorts/battle cruisers

4 DHC, aft turrets - any escort or vorcha
3 DHC, 1 DBB, aft turrets - any escort or vorcha

cruisers

8 beam arrays - any cruiser
4 single cannons, aft turrets - excelsior/galor only

thats about it.
Just out of curiosity, how does 1 DBB + 2 DHCs + 1 Quantum Torp (with Torp spread 3) compare to 1 DBB + 3 DHCs, in terms of spike damage? I keep thinking the torps outperform for alpha-strike spike damage, but I dunno. . .
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 4
08-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Just out of curiosity, how does 1 DBB + 2 DHCs + 1 Quantum Torp (with Torp spread 3) compare to 1 DBB + 3 DHCs, in terms of spike damage? I keep thinking the torps outperform for alpha-strike spike damage, but I dunno. . .
DHCs on rapid fire can keep shields down and hammer away at hull while beam overload deals the spike damage, beam overloads can have some very nice critz and unlike torps work well on shields too.

Though I don't delve into the PVP section often (if at all) I am curious to see what the pros say on your question.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 220
# 5
08-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
DHCs on rapid fire can keep shields down and hammer away at hull while beam overload deals the spike damage, beam overloads can have some very nice critz and unlike torps work well on shields too.

heh
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 6
08-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
heh
Keep laughing, I have a torpedo with your Jem Bugs name on it.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 7
08-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Just out of curiosity, how does 1 DBB + 2 DHCs + 1 Quantum Torp (with Torp spread 3) compare to 1 DBB + 3 DHCs, in terms of spike damage? I keep thinking the torps outperform for alpha-strike spike damage, but I dunno. . .
I've found that on average 1 DBB + 2 Dhcs will not have the damage required to pierce a shield or erode one away. Leaving that lone torp to smack rather harmlessly against shields.

You pretty much Need, 3DHCs on an escort these days.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,306
# 8
08-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Just out of curiosity, how does 1 DBB + 2 DHCs + 1 Quantum Torp (with Torp spread 3) compare to 1 DBB + 3 DHCs, in terms of spike damage? I keep thinking the torps outperform for alpha-strike spike damage, but I dunno. . .

It punches all other spike damage in the nutz......and then it LAUGHS.

But put away spread and use high yield.

If you're hitting hull. If you can't manage to hit hull though I guess that's another issue. But that's pretty much why some people don't use the Torpedoes. They'll tell you its due to skill points or some ****. Whatever.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
# 9
08-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
It punches all other spike damage in the nutz......and then it LAUGHS.

But put away spread and use high yield.

If you're hitting hull. If you can't manage to hit hull though I guess that's another issue. But that's pretty much why some people don't use the Torpedoes. They'll tell you its due to skill points or some ****. Whatever.

Wait

People still use torpedos in this game?!
Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
# 10
08-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Of course we do. HYT + Beam Target Subsystems + Science Captain = "Oh, My, God. Why I died?"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.