Ensign
# 1 Pixelated/Low Res Graphics?
08-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Hey,

I just redownloaded the game after a few months off. However, when I loaded the game, both my captain (at the login screen) and pretty much all models in game (ship, planets, other ships) appear to be extremely low res/pixelated. I don't see any kind of detail unless I zoom in on the ship. Adjusting graphics settings did not help at all. I never saw this while I played the game before. Is this happening to anyone else, and does anyone have any suggestions?
Ensign
# 2
08-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraymoto View Post
Hey,

I just redownloaded the game after a few months off. However, when I loaded the game, both my captain (at the login screen) and pretty much all models in game (ship, planets, other ships) appear to be extremely low res/pixelated. I don't see any kind of detail unless I zoom in on the ship. Adjusting graphics settings did not help at all. I never saw this while I played the game before. Is this happening to anyone else, and does anyone have any suggestions?
i have the same problem .
Ensign
# 3 I figured it out.
08-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishask View Post
i have the same problem .
I figured out the problem. Under the graphics settings there is an option called "half resolution." Uncheck it and the problem is solved. Kind of stupid that the option is enabled by default.
Ensign
# 4 um ok
12-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraymoto View Post
I figured out the problem. Under the graphics settings there is an option called "half resolution." Uncheck it and the problem is solved. Kind of stupid that the option is enabled by default.
Ok then... that doesn't help much for two reason...
1. Where are the graphic settings?
2. How do you access them is you can't even see the screen?
Ensign
# 5
04-24-2015, 03:24 PM
I have been using an AMD graphics card and got the same issue but having a little play with the settings for this to work without any problems,
-Settings
-Display
Near the bottom there should be a slider next to resolution scale put that up to max (1.00)
ANTIALLISSING NEEDS TO BE SET TO NONE
Hope this helps
Career Officer
# 6
04-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevod View Post
I have been using an AMD graphics card and got the same issue but having a little play with the settings for this to work without any problems,
-Settings
-Display
Near the bottom there should be a slider next to resolution scale put that up to max (1.00)
ANTIALLISSING NEEDS TO BE SET TO NONE
Hope this helps
No. That isn't it at all. I've had anti-aliasing on and the resolution scale set to 1.00 for a long time and the game looked great. Textures in the game took a crap when season 10 launched and I didn't change any graphics settings afterwards.

At the character select screen things look good and they look good after logging into a character, but they degrade as you switch characters. So after switching between a few to do doff assignments the textures end up looking awful and I have to exit the game and relaunch it to get it looking better.
I use to be with it. But I don't remember what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.