Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Starfleet Veteran
Can't believe Cryptic hasn't monetized this possibility yet.

I have a Galor. Its nice. Unique. Whatever. I'm not a huge cruiser player, but I went ahead and unboxed it and tried it out. How else will you ever know if you like it or not, right?

Turns out its just not my thing.

What would be great is if Cryptic would sell me a way to re-box and sell my Galore on the exchange so that the folks who have terrible lockbox luck or who won't buy keys for whatever reason could have a chance to enjoy it.

And I could then use the EC to go towards buying that Jem Attack ship no one wants to trade me for my D'Kora.

Would have to be some mechanism in place to make sure the ultra-rare ship returns to its factory condition - all unique weapons and such present. Build restoring it to factory condition into the price of the token or don't let the item be reboxed unless all the origianal unique items are present I guess.

500 Zen would be reasonable I would think.

What am I missing that prevents this from happening?
Community Moderator
# 2
08-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Partly? This increases supply of said ship meaning if they want to use it again it's less appealing to the market.

That said - for future reference try the test server for testing such things - just grab your character with their boxed up goodies, transfer over, open, try. Decide.

(Yes, I know that's not the point of the test server, but it's handy!)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Partly? This increases supply of said ship meaning if they want to use it again it's less appealing to the market.

That said - for future reference try the test server for testing such things - just grab your character with their boxed up goodies, transfer over, open, try. Decide.

(Yes, I know that's not the point of the test server, but it's handy!)
It doesnt really increase the supply. The exact same number of ultra-rare ships are out there that were out there to begin with. It just means more people would have a chance to get one that is currently sitting in someones garage collecting dust.

If you mean it would decrease the demand for keys, I'd agree with you there. That can be offset by making anyone who buys an unbind token spend Zen and a small dilithium surcharge to get the token. Or by making the zen cost of an unbind token high enough so it isnt a casual purchase and offsets lost key income.
Career Officer
# 4
08-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Sounds like a perfectly good idea to me. It's what, 125 Zen for an unlock key? Charge players 250 Zen to lock that ship back up and they've essentially got themselves a winner. They'd never allow you to box it back up for the same price you unboxed it for.
Career Officer
# 5
08-26-2012, 07:54 AM
This has my vote, ideally I would really like to see the ultra-rare ships to be an account wide unlock. But I would be happy with an unbind token (ship still bound to account) or such so I can send the ship to my other toons.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Agreed. This has 'win' written all over it, especially by charging zen/dilithium to box the ship back up. Make it so, Cryptic.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!