Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Is there something wrong with the Rare Borg salvage and rare borg tech drops or something? I haven't seen ANY of the tech pieces in a week, and only about 3 of the salvages during that time. Even the common tech pieces have been mysteriously absent lately. In fact, across 4 characters able to do STF's, ever since season 6 started, I haven't seen diddlysquat of anything other than EDC's.

I used to average one or the other every 5 STF's or so...now though....NOTHING at all.

WTF is up? Where they removed? Or did Cryptic nerf the drop rate to make us grind some more?

Signed.....Not a Happy Camper
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 2
08-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Nope still dropping.

Afraid you just having bad luck.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,100
# 3
08-21-2012, 08:05 PM
I know the feeling. Ever since The 2800 I've seen nothing but crap.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,951
# 4
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Nope still dropping.

Afraid you just having bad luck.
I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 5
08-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.
Ya well, I've about had enough of this game as it is. This might be just enough for me to leave. From the horrible amount of bugs, glitches and constant game crashing, to a serious lack of content and anything new going straight to the C-store...well, I guess F2P type of games can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I'll go some place else and pay my $15 a month for some actual game content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 128
# 6
08-21-2012, 09:46 PM
I am fairly new to the game so I don't know what the rates used to be, but, in the month or so that I've been a Va, I've gotten three (3) non edc drops. 2 engine tech, 1 prototype. Total waste of time, imho. They really should fix the drop rates.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 332
# 7
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Went through a couple months of playing STFs and did not see one tech drop from Normals - green or blue. That's when I stopped playing STO regularly. Haven't been on much since.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,951
# 8
08-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grethore View Post
Ya well, I've about had enough of this game as it is. This might be just enough for me to leave. From the horrible amount of bugs, glitches and constant game crashing, to a serious lack of content and anything new going straight to the C-store...well, I guess F2P type of games can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I'll go some place else and pay my $15 a month for some actual game content.
Your not wrong. I am quite pissed and haven't logged any hours in the game in protest or bought anything from the C-Store because of it too.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 9
08-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.
Sorry to disagree, but I think it's the opposite.

Truthfully, I didn't completely my FIRST ground set until a few weeks ago, after playing the STFs since Day 1. Now all of a sudden I'm seeing drops like crazy, and once where I went through an 8 month dry spell, now I'm almost at 4 complete MK12 sets!

And usually, there is at least someone getting at least a rare set per match, when before it was like 1 out of 5 would manage to get even a rare tech item.

So I really think they did increase the drop rates significantly. That or my bad luck has finally turned to good luck.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,100
# 10
08-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
So I really think they did increase the drop rates significantly. That or my bad luck has finally turned to good luck.
You've finally appeased the Random Number God. Tell me, what did you sacrifice?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 AM.