Captain
# 1 Some wishes
08-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello to the community,

well this is my first entry here and from right on I have to commit that I am not an every day player. I can manage the basics but I never got really deep into the handling.

The game itself is great, I love it. It is the only online game I have played for so long now and I am spending a lot of Zen Points in the game.

I don't know if a Dev reads this, but I have some questions/wishes for the game.

1.) I would like to have access to the Exchange from my maine hub. Not just Credits/Dilithium Exchange, I mean the whole stuff.

2.) Speaking of the Exchange, like I said I am not an experienced gamer and I am not really into flying aroud for hours and doing missions a few times to collect a few items.

Would it be possible, maybe even just for Gold Members (and to convince people to become Gold Members) to buy special items like those Ship Equipment Sets or any other items I do only get through heavy crafting. I would by those things instantly, even for a higher Credit/Dilithium price just to avoid those hour long searching and crafting.

3.) Would love to have the New Orleans class. It seems this ship has 3 torpedo ramps shooting forward and backward at the same time.

4.) The possibility to buy more console slots for each Tac, Sci, Eng. Not to make the ship ?berpowerful but to lower the player's preasure.

Well I think those were my wishes for now. Sorry if some things sound stupid to most of the players.
Captain
# 2
08-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
Would it be possible, maybe even just for Gold Members (and to convince people to become Gold Members) to buy special items like those Ship Equipment Sets or any other items I do only get through heavy crafting. I would by those things instantly, even for a higher Credit/Dilithium price just to avoid those hour long searching and crafting.
The whole reason games have all those hours of grinding/crafting/whatever is to give people things to do other then Missions. No game can produce enough Mission Content to satisfy the needs of the player-base, and so game companies create Time Sink events so that people aren't sitting around complaining about having nothing to do.
Captain
# 3
08-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your replay,

I know about the meaning of those Time Sink events. But like I said I would like to have the choice to avoid those long time missions by paying a little more for items rather than spending hours on searching, crafting ... Sure I could live without those items too but...

Please, don't get me wrong, I love this game. Very very much. I am just not a hardcore gamer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-23-2012, 11:58 AM
1. do you mean access from your fleet's starbase (probably coming soon), or do you mean access from your ship/inventory (which would make all social hubs obsolete)?

2. pretty much everything that can be crafted can already be bought from the dilithium store - at pretty high prices, but you already got that wish fulfilled.

3. I doubt there'll ever be ships that restrict your choice of weaponary, few people would buy them. You can already use triple fore- and aft-torpedos on pretty much any ship if you want to. Building a working torpedo-boat requires some dedication and knowledge though, or you'll end up with a pretty inefficient build. Still, already possible.

4. Not going to happen. "More consoles" equals "More power", no way around that. While YOU might just use if for some more versatality (which is "more power", too, btw), there's no way to restict people from min-maxing this into uber-powerful. Also, the whole ship system would need revamping as ships would become truly individual and could no longer be treated by class.