Captain
Hi,

I have achieved level 45 and am interested in trying to get higher MK level rewards from previous episodes that I have already played as I leveled up, like the Hargh'peng torpedo from The Doomsday Machine.

From just replying the episode over again will not give the original rewards again.

What would the harm be for the game/Cryptic? You gotta work hard for the stuff and they are bound because they are rare.

I'd also really like to get a higher MK Type I phaser too. That'd be sweet!

Is there some way of getting these rewards again? It is really a lot of work, it should seem possible to get them again and maybe at the character's MK level.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2012, 12:03 PM
uhh they do, well most of them do... I repeated Doomsday machine at VA and got Hargh'peng torps MK XI
Captain
# 3
08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidacid29 View Post
uhh they do, well most of them do... I repeated Doomsday machine at VA and got Hargh'peng torps MK XI
That's good news... so then it should be possible at least for others. I'll have to see if there is some different way of signing-up for the mission that may work.

Maybe you need to be VA to get the original rewards, which would be best for getting the highest possible MK level of rewards.

Thanks for the info!
Captain
# 4
08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
That's good news... so then it should be possible at least for others. I'll have to see if there is some different way of signing-up for the mission that may work.

Maybe you need to be VA to get the original rewards, which would be best for getting the highest possible MK level of rewards.

Thanks for the info!
...hmmm might also have to finish all episodes and be VA at end-game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post

Thanks for the info!
there are a few missions where the "replay" gives different rewards but even those the new rewards they give are scaled to your lvl... they scale to whatever level you are MKI to MKXI and you don't have to finish the episodes or be VA to get them to do it... tho note that lvl 50 rewards only scales to MKXI from missions not MKXII

I know because on all my cruiser captains I always repeat "Everything Old is New" a bunch of times to get loaded out with brand new rare phaser beam arrays at my new lvl

Last edited by liquidacid29; 08-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I just wish the rewards where less rigid and allowed for more random stats like (ACC3), (CRITH) and variations that seperate from what we are always offered.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Captain
# 7
08-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I just wish the rewards where less rigid and allowed for more random stats like (ACC3), (CRITH) and variations that seperate from what we are always offered.
Then people would just complain that they're like Lockboxes and you have no way of knowing what's in them, and how you need to Replay the Mission X number of times to get what you want, etc.
Lieutenant
# 8
08-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I think they need to add the same reward options for replaying missions as they have for doing the foundry daily. That is, a choice between a dilithium container or level appropriate gear. They could also include a fleet marks choice if they were feeling charitable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-23-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stof4nb0y View Post
That is, a choice between a dilithium container or level appropriate gear.
Level Appropriate Items are a TOTAL con job and complete misnomer, at least at VA.

As a VA I have only ever gotten ONE decent reward (a useful purple Mk XI console), the majority of the time I get Blue Mk X stuff. . . worthless

ALWAYS take the Dil.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-23-2012, 02:38 AM
I think what actually determines the rank of the gear is the level you are at when you pick up the mission.

If you picked up a mission at commander and leveled to Admiral before playing it, you'd still get a commander reward.
Drop it and pick it up again before you play it, it will be the proper level then.