Banned
I've noticed a trend lately -mostly related to DOFFs and Fleet Bases

I don't understand the policy/decision making process behind these things.

Are you trying to see how angry you can get people before they ragequit? Or are you simply ignoring the public outcry on all these issues?

Is PWE strongarming you guys into this situation?

What is going on with my game???

I'm not trying to bash anyone - I'm simply deeply concerned at -what appears to me to be- a series of very poor choices - effectively alienating a large percentage of the gaming base.
Banned
# 2
08-23-2012, 02:02 PM
i agree, I've noticed that every patch goes farther and farther from what the player base wants. Do they think they will make more money by making everyone upset and eventually leaving to play another game? Its absolutely ridiculous.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
You guys are crazy. Didn't you hear what Dan said in Vegas? Season six is awsome! The game is growing exponentially! Eventually STO will spawn a race of atomic, supermen, and conquer the world! Everybody knows people can't lie when they're in Vegas! It's against the law! Right?
Captain
# 4
08-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
You guys are crazy. Didn't you hear what Dan said in Vegas? Season six is awsome! The game is growing exponentially! Eventually STO will spawn a race of atomic, supermen, and conquer the world! Everybody knows people can't lie when they're in Vegas! It's against the law! Right?
yeah. sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Career Officer
# 5
08-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhearts888 View Post
i agree, I've noticed that every patch goes farther and farther from what the player base wants. Do they think they will make more money by making everyone upset and eventually leaving to play another game? Its absolutely ridiculous.
Probably because the player base keeps asking for things that break the intended rate of starbase progression, like the broken marks on Nukara that got fixed, or the DOffs from starbases being reused in them. For some reason people get mad when these problems get fixed.

I do really wish they'd mark fleet DOffs somehow, though, as the potential to buy a DOff you can't even use in starbases off the exchange is indeed a painfully aggravating thing.
Banned
# 6
08-23-2012, 02:12 PM
So what you are saying is, the playerbase is wrong for wanting these things and Cryptic knows whats fun and we dont
Career Officer
# 7
08-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
So what you are saying is, the playerbase is wrong for wanting these things
Yes.

Quote:
and Cryptic knows whats fun and we dont
No.

I'm saying Cryptic knows how the system for starbases is supposed to work a lot better than we do, since they kinda designed it.

I think rather than leaving broken, exploitable crap in the game like the Nukara Event and the Fleet DOffs, they need to expand the number of ways these things can be approached. For example, add a choice between a dilithium crate or a small fleet mark crate at the end of every story mission you replay. Additionally, reduce the cooldown on the basic recruitment missions for DOffs to help increase the flow of white ones. Finally, mark the damn fleet DOffs to avoid confusion and wasted EC. Boom, problems solved.
Banned
# 8
08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
When it comes to games that are F2P, going against the will of the majority is usually a bad idea. Even if the will of the majority goes against their original plan of starbase advancement. Cryptic needs to be flexible and listen to the majority of the playerbase, who if they leave, the game will wither and die, and they lose their income.
Banned
# 9
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
You're trying to argue apples VS oranges here Jex - your issues are nonsequeter to this thread - we're not talking about exploits - or the ridiculous ideas posted by *some* players.

I'm talking about the broad sweeping decisions that are upsetting a *large* cross-section of the community, *breaking* things - not fixing exploits.

Also - your arguement is flawed - because it's always possible for something to be engineered incorrectly
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Fleet Doffs are Undine. That's why we can't use them for Starbases.

I don't do the starbase Doff grind. If I have Doffs a project needs and I'm not using him then I'll sacrifice him to the starbase gods. Otherwise, no. I'll contribute everything else, because most other stuff won't take most of my time/patience to acquire (rotgut excluded). I play STO to have fun (theoretically anyway). The moronic Doff requirements of starbase projects make doing those not fun.

We should have a category of Doff assignments called 'Fleet' that are recruitment missions for Doffs needed by starbase projects. Give them a day to complete and we can get up to 3 starbase-demanded Doffs (randomly generated out of a list of all the Doffs required by starbase projects). That sounds Trek to me. Reassigning green+ Doffs to get whites on the off-chance they'll be what we need is about as far from Trek as it gets.

Capt: "You've been doing an outstanding job, Shi'it. I'm giving you top marks for your review. I especially like that you're doing so well in Assault Weapons training."
Doff: "Thank you, sir. The other officers are calling me Tough Shi'it now."
Capt: "Sure, whatever. Anyway, I'm transferring you off the ship."
Doff: "Sir?"
Capt: "I need sensor officers for the starbase. By putting you back in the officer pool I might get one."
Doff: "So...you're not even giving me an assignment?"
Capt: "Nope. There's no noob lottery for reassigning you, just for cutting you loose."
Doff: "..."
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!