Commander
# 1 Skipping load screens
08-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I've played with the options enough that ground map don't give me much trouble. (Oddly increasing the default settings sped my load times.)

Space maps are a different monster. Trying to load into the sirus block around Sol, load into the sol system, or the space around DS9 I've been know to been stuck in a loading screen long enough to be kicked for being idle! Granted this doesn't happen as often as it used to, but did does at odd times happen. The easiest solution I've found is to simply close the game soon as I try to load into the space around Sol or DS9 and restart it from scratch. That often speeds thing up.

All that is just really to say I've love the option to skip the massive load times I spend 5-45min. in only to spend about 30seconds flying 0-5Km to beam to someplace in sol or DS9. Failing a option to simply ignore ships not in my team or fleet so I don't have to spend 40 seconds load a ship that's not present for more then 5 seconds.

(Mostly though I'm posting as I sit watching another load screen thinking unkind things that the game made it this far with a recursive loop error.)

See Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B...based_for-loop
See Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B...nction_objects

They may ease the devs headace , and mine, considerably.

Last edited by resoundingenvoy; 08-23-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-23-2012, 07:49 PM
To reduce DS9 loading time, here is a trick.

Replay the mission "Second Wave" in the Cardassian campaign.

Approach DS9 from sector space and select "Begin : Second Wave".

You will be immediately placed in a completely empty instance of DS9 station with fully functional NPCs but zero population.

Viola, no loading time.

I wonder if there's some Foundry mission to do the same for ESD too.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Commander
# 3
08-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Now that is good to know. Thank you.