Ensign
Greetings,

Was attempting to create a character in the Foundry system in order to create content, but keeps saying it failed?

Is there a way to determine when the Foundry system is up or down? or if the character creation is down?

Cheers!

~Leth
Career Officer
# 2
08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
I also had issues creating a character today. It was a both a KDF foundry character and a regular KDF character.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Since this seems to be a general issue and not exclusive to the Foundry, I would encourage you guys to create support tickets if you have not already done so, and make a thread down in the general bug forum. I took a quick look and there does not seem to be any threads yet.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 4
08-24-2012, 09:02 AM
That happened to me a few months ago when I tried to create it. It was whenever I tried changing my character from the default setting. Eventually, I just picked my species and gender, left it default, and when I played my maps, I left the system, flew to Earth and carried out the promotion mission (Talk to Quinn). He gave me a free costume change, so I just went to the ESD tailor and changed my character to how I wanted her to look.

You can also change your ship that way, provided you have any extra tier 1 ships unlocked. That's why my foundary character now flies around in the mirror universe NX costumes, in her NX ship.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah I remember that too, but since i'v had all my characters for a long, long time, i didn't experience it myself.

What concerns me is that it was happening to Zorbane while trying to create a regular KDF character. Since they just messed around with character creation - added some art or something - its my guess they may have introduced or reintroduced a new bug.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic