Starfleet Veteran
# 1 RIP Neil Armstrong
08-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Possably one of the most historic figures alive today in regards to space travel has sadly left us today. RIP Neil...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19381098

I wonder if the next Cryptic ship class added to the game could be called the Armstrong class as a tribute to him.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
08-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Sad day for the world.

And I agree, be great if Cryptic could do somekind of Tribute. Like a ship named after him, an Apollo pet or Trophy.
Lieutenant
# 3
08-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Sad day for the world.

And I agree, be great if Cryptic could do somekind of Tribute. Like a ship named after him, an Apollo pet or Trophy.
if only they would
HATE THE NEW FOURMS

join date december 2011
Captain
# 4
08-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I think an Armstrong class would be a wonderful tribute for one of humanity's greatest explorers. Make it so, Cryptic!

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Or perhaps an NPC ship in orbit around Earth SpaceDock called the USS Armstrong (Luna class ofcourse!)

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 6
08-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Just last week I was trying to get a 1/6 Neil Armstrong after seeing some pics of it when someone mentioned wanting to use it as The Impossible Astronaut with a new 11th Dr. Who figure. I got outbid on ebay and now I see someone posting one for $400 I wish I had won last week

I remember watching the landing while staying up late and eating my cake and ice cream after my birthday party as a youngster, it was the best thing ever Thank you for that memory Neil, and Godspeed.

some pics of the figure
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...&postcount=232

Dec/2008
Commander
# 7
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
God Speed Neil Armstrong.

Your journey to the stars is now complete.

*salute*
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Captain
# 8
08-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
Or perhaps an NPC ship in orbit around Earth SpaceDock called the USS Armstrong (Luna class ofcourse!)
Yeah, this would be relatively simple to do, as well. I second this motion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I like the idea someone posted of making a map on the moon at the landing site. Also the idea of a Armstrong class ship has alot appeal but I am not as keen on seeing a U.S.S. Armstrong in orbit as it should be out exploring the great unknownnot maintaining orbitseems like it would take away from the legacy to me.
I suppose the only issue with the map would be if there is a lunar colony on the moon in which case make the whole colony map and place a statue on the site.
Peace be with you Mr. Armstrong
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
I think an Armstrong class would be a wonderful tribute for one of humanity's greatest explorers. Make it so, Cryptic!
They should make a moon map with the landing side of Apollo 11 and a new memorial plague at Starfleet academy .

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.