This posting will contain a comprehensive listing of all my missions including my old missions and the new ones as I create them. Constructive feedback is always welcome in the game and here in this posting.
I hope you enjoy my missions and the game as a whole.
The mission below has been around for a while but I went back in and adjusted several elements in the story based on feedback received over time. I cleaned up a few spelling and grammatical issues that I found. I also changed the initial start location on ESD to an easier to find location.
Mission Title: Contamination Author: Evil70th Project ID: ST-HOM98JB5K Allegiance: Federation Level: 16+ Description: The Federation Science Directorate has a rogue scientist on its hands. Doctor Klausen, of the Gavin IV Anthropological Study, has apparently decided to interfere in the pre-warp culture on the planet and must be stopped.
Admiral Quinn has recommended you to help Doctor Joanne Marbles, Director of Anthropology, Federation Science Directorate, to help resolve this incident. Please report to the conference room ESD for a briefing. Will you help the Federation?
Authors Notes: This mission is heavy on story Dialogue with a "Skip Dialogue and Provide Summary" option that gives you a summary of the information needed to proceed.
There is one task based ground combat on the last map and several optional ground combat on all other maps. There are ways to avoid the optional combat, and engaging in the optional combat is not recommended. Doing so will only add time to the overall length of the mission.
60 - 90 minutes with full Dialogue.
30 - 45 with "Skip Dialogue" option.
Hope you enjoy the mission and I look forward to your comments.
The mission below was my first mission so it has been around for a while. I went back in and adjusted several elements in the story based on feedback received over time plus lessons learned from producing my other mission. I cleaned up a few spelling and grammatical issues that I found.
Mission Title: Betrayal of the Empire (Part 1) Author: Evil70th Project ID: ST-HKCA3C2PH Allegiance: Klingon Level: 16+ Description: Your old friend Worf needs to speak with you immediately.
He believes there may be a link to a high ranking councilman in the High Council and the Romulans. Worf needs your help in uncovering the truth of a threat that could shake the Empire to its core.
You owe him your life. Will you help your old friend?
Authors Notes: This mission is part one of two.
About 35 minutes with full dialogue and combat.
About 17 minutes with use of "Skip Dialogue" feature and combat.
I am currently working on adjustments to part 2 of this mission and hope to have it out in the next day or so. In the meantime I hope you enjoy this mission and I look forward to your comments.
Played your "Contamination" mission, and wanted to provide feedback to you, since you've done such a great service to so many others.
Love the detail in this mission. It's lengthy for my normal tastes, but I definitely wanted to get the entire experience, since I love a good story.
"My cousin was twice removed from a Vulcan embassy"... hahahaha! You have a singular wit, Captain.
In particular, enjoyed the following:
- The warp travel and computer interaction;
- The "inter-post" transporter map transfer points;
- The optional choices to help facilitate the Prime Directive were excellent.
My only "issue" would be the reference to religion in your Gavin IV dialogue, which might be against the EULA? (I'm just going on vague memory here, so please excuse if I am incorrect).
Found a few more possible spelling/grammar issues you might consider looking at:
- "under developed" should be one word?
- "it could have serious repercussion" ; Repercussion should have an S added to it, I believe?
- "me and my crew"; could be changed to "my crew and I"?
- "who's", should be "whose", since that is the possessive pronoun of who. Who's means "who is" or "who has";
- "Captain, we're approaching the out edge of the Gavin system"; change "out " to "outer"?
Talking to Dr. J'arpak:
- "At least from Doctor Klausen perspective"; should be "Klausen's" I believe?
- "closer to annihilation then Earth"; should be "than" since you are comparing something.
Gavin IV Surface Map:
"Where for art thou Doctor"; should be "Wherefore" - the Old English word, I believe?
- After talking to the doctor, there is a button with the word "photo's" (and the immediately-following dialogue); should be "photos" I believe?
- "canceled" could be spelled "cancelled" as well if you are not American (actually, the single "l" in canceled is relatively new in American grammar as well).
- "it was you who saved the people from possible complete annihilation"; That sounds somewhat awkward to me - perhaps "possibly saved them from complete annihilation" or "from possible self-destruction"? (but really, it's not required)
The mission below was my second mission, and part 2 of the previous mission. It too has been out for a while but needed some updating. I went back in and adjusted several elements in the story based on feedback and my in depth review of the mission.
Mission Title: Betrayal of the Empire (Part 2) Author: Evil70th Project ID: ST-HFBGX74XY Allegiance: Klingon Level: 16+ Description: In part one you heard from your old friend Worf who asked you to help uncover a possible threat to the Empire that may involve a high ranking member of the High Council. Now that mission continues. Will you help uncover the threat to the Empire?
Authors Notes: This mission is part two of two. You should play part one first to enjoy the story more.
About 30 minutes with full dialogue and combat.
About 15 minutes with use of "Skip Dialogue" feature and combat.
With this update I believe all my missions that are currently available are now up to date. I hope you enjoy this mission and I look forward to your comments.
I have tried to apply lessons learned from other missions I've reviewed and from the tutorials available on Starbase UGC. Play my mission and let me know what you think. Constructive feedback is always welcome.