Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lieutenant
Oh, come on. Just... grr.
Ensign
# 2
08-26-2012, 09:40 PM
considering you can farm Delithium and sell it for Zen yea the cost of the respect is not that bad.
Captain
Oh hey, a subject I created a thread on this very day.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6473 View Post
considering you can farm Dilithium and sell it for Zen yea the cost of the respect is not that bad.
Most other MMO's allow for respecs using in-game currencies. Yes. It is that bad.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.

Last edited by centersolace; 08-26-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-27-2012, 12:14 AM
well if ur gold u get a respec token everytime u lvl up i got loads of them rarely respec as the mistakes i done as a fed didnt carrier over to klingon play. maybe this is why so feds are bad.
Lieutenant
# 5
08-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
well if ur gold u get a respec token everytime u lvl up i got loads of them rarely respec as the mistakes i done as a fed didnt carrier over to klingon play. maybe this is why so feds are bad.
Yea, but that isn't retroactive, so if I subscribe to gold now I would get not a single respec token.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6473 View Post
considering you can farm Delithium and sell it for Zen yea the cost of the respect is not that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Most other MMO's allow for respecs using in-game currencies. Yes. It is that bad.
Did you just imply Dilithium isn't an in game currency?

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
Republic Veteran
# 7
08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Well if you can't get a respect token with in game currency OR a consenting adult's paypal/cc who doe sit for you..... then one could always resort to spamming forums with title'd threads with NO content what-so-ever like this one
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=368921
Captain
# 8
08-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
Did you just imply Dilithium isn't an in game currency?
Exactly right! I can earn a $5.00 Respec token in 4-5 days, just playing 2-2.5 hours per day. That's about how long it would take me to earn X million EC or X number of GPL to buy it with another in-game currency.
Lieutenant
# 9
08-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Exactly right! I can earn a $5.00 Respec token in 4-5 days, just playing 2-2.5 hours per day. That's about how long it would take me to earn X million EC or X number of GPL to buy it with another in-game currency.
The typical fast food hamburger is about a pound of grease, fat, and carbs.

A respec token is sort of needed for end game play. Unless you're saying that free to player shouldn't have access to the end game. I'm not saying it shouldn't cost money, I'm not saying it shouldn't take time. And no, not really. I can earn energy credits in an ungated fashion, I can earn GPL quite steadily.

But seeing a $5 price tag on something which by all rights should be a simple time gated mechanic like most of the other stuff in the game or should have been tied to the fleet system does not make me want to give them money. And messing up a couple button presses on your spec or not being able to try something new with an old character doesn't inspire you to keep playing that character. It isn't worth my time or money to purchase gold and then relevel those characters.

You need dilithium for just about every other thing in the game, including your fleet, weapons, armor, consoles, ships, some consumables, and I hear they're adding a kitchen sink to the dilithium store next patch. I would rather quit the game than have to spend my dilithium on zen in order to purchase a respec token for a single character.

That junk should cost 125 zen JUST LIKE A MASTER KEY. You should be able to get a 5 pack for $5. Or better yet just remove the zen cost entirely and give them out in a time gated fashion.
Captain
# 10
08-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozewa View Post
The typical fast food hamburger is about a pound of grease, fat, and carbs.
I'm not sure why you're quoting me about hamburgers, but OK.

Quote:
A respec token is sort of needed for end game play. Unless you're saying that free to player shouldn't have access to the end game. I'm not saying it shouldn't cost money, I'm not saying it shouldn't take time. And no, not really. I can earn energy credits in an ungated fashion, I can earn GPL quite steadily.
I don't know what you're talking about here. I have 8 or 9 Respecs on all of my characters and I don't even use an average of 1 per character. Most of my characters have only been Respected when Cryptic decides to change the Skill Tree - and they give me a free Respec when they do that.

Most players don't need to do Respecs - the Skill Tree is currently so simple and generic that it's almost pointless to change it, IMO.

Quote:
You need dilithium for just about every other thing in the game, including your fleet, weapons, armor, consoles, ships, some consumables, and I hear they're adding a kitchen sink to the dilithium store next patch. I would rather quit the game than have to spend my dilithium on zen in order to purchase a respec token for a single character.
I make between 500,000 and 600,000 Dilithium per month. Prior to Fleetbases I never used any of it and managed to amass over 15,000 Zen on my account. I don't know what you were using all your Dilithium for but I hope you weren't buying MK IV weapons or some-such with it - as you out-level anything below MK XII in a matter of hours.