Career Officer
Devs,

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (Did I say Please?) turn off that stupid "Swing round either 90 or 180 degrees to port OR starboard before warping out" effect!!!

Its :

A) Pointless
B) Annoying in the extreme
C) Pointless
D) breaks the whole effect of warping out as usually you warp through a planet/group of ships/star base!!!
E) Did I say Pointless ?

Please this isn't necessary

Rant over: Normal service is now resumed
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Career Officer
# 2
08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
agreed... kinda annoying that the Warp in/out effects get broken on a regular schedule
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-28-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll agree as well as I usually suffer and have to see it 2 times... Once the ship moves then a second time with the sound, but no ship. Ugh.
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
How about when warp out near the edge of the map and your warp trails make an abrupt turn?
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 5
08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
+1000

Turn off that stupid cutscene, flying thru asteroids on map exit kills the immersion.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Commander
# 6
08-28-2012, 11:56 AM
What's just as bad is using Transwarp at DS9.

First, you see the ship entering transwarp and bolt the hell out of there.

THEN, you see the cutscene animation of the space where your ship used to be turning 90 degrees starboard and warping out again.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Ensign
# 7
08-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Yup. I often maneuver my ship around other ships/obstacles to prepare for warping and then when I'm free and clear I hit warp and...

my ship spends 5 seconds stuttering/turning around in circles before warping through the atmosphere of whatever the local planet is.

Blargarahaha!!

I think relatively little things like this are an issue more for STO because many of us trekkers immerse ourselves in the fantasy of the game, so things like this... well, bother us.
Career Officer
# 8
08-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
D) breaks the whole effect of warping out as usually you warp through a planet/group of ships/star base!!!
I love that this is what it was meant to fix. Especially since this is something us players could fix ourselves with a tiny bit of observation.

I used to love lining it up just right so i'd warp through the holes in objects like donut shaped asteroids or right next to objects, made it look really cool.
Joined August 2008

Last edited by cormoran; 08-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Community Moderator
# 9
08-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
I love that this is what it was meant to fix. Especially since this is something us players could fix ourselves with a tiny bit of observation.

I used to love lining it up just right so i'd warp through the holes in objects like donut shaped asteroids or right next to objects, made it look really cool.
I (and other Foundry authors) used to rely on that behavior to increase immersion in our stories; by arranging objectives carefully, I'd ensure most players would be lined up with my wormhole object when they warped to the next map, making it look like you shot through the wormhole. Now, you can't even see the wormhole anymore, as you fly away from it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lieutenant
# 10
08-29-2012, 07:41 AM
funnier if you left a trail of wreckage behind you as you warp out with holes in the starbase or a expanding mushroom cloud on the planet you just slammed into