Captain
# 1 Galaxy Turn for the Worst
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Galaxy and Galaxy-X have been unfairly crippled from day one with the slowest turn radius in the game. Everyother cruiser in the game out turns them. Now, since this latest patch, my ship turns slower than before. I can hardly turn around to face attacking NPC cruisers in the Fleet missions. Thats just PVE, lets not even talk about how it is on PVP where players with other ships are all over your backside and you turn too slow to face them. By right, the Galaxy should turn the way the current Nebula turns.

These patches and upgrades are supposed to improve the game not cripple it further, making ship perform worse than before.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 08-30-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Galaxy and Galaxy-X have been unfairly crippled from day one with the slowest turn radius in the game. Everyother cruiser in the game out turns them. Now, since this latest patch, my ship turns slower than before. I can hardly turn around to face attacking NPC cruisers in the Fleet missions. Thats just PVE, lets not even talk about how it is on PVP where players with other ships are all over your backside and you turn too slow to face them. By right, the Galaxy should turn the way the current Nebula turns.

These patches and upgrades are supposed to improve the game not cripple it further, making ship perform worse than before.
Bortasqu/Recluse' turns even slower than a Galaxy. I do agree that either inertia or innate turn rate is needed. Like 6.5 or 7.
Commander
# 3
08-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:

My best advice is....hope that the Devs will make an Ambassador Dreadnought. Chances are, the turn rate will be a significant improvement. Otherwise, you're stuck with a space anvil...in the Galaxy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
At least the beached whale can still out maneuver the barn in stfs.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
every fed cruiser needs a +2 to their turn rate. it really wouldn't make sense for the galaxy to turn as well or better then a sovereign or something
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 6
08-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I didn't see anything about this in the patch notes...are you certain it's turning slower? If so, by how much?
Captain
# 7
08-31-2012, 02:56 AM
Turn? Fed cruiser? Who needs to turn normally.

Evasive action + engine battery + reverse = Rockford turn!

Aux2Dampers for insanely high cruise speeds and some boost to turnrate too.

Aux2Batt for general systems boost, spam offensive powers and gives you + power to engines too.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 8
08-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
I didn't see anything about this in the patch notes...are you certain it's turning slower? If so, by how much?
You know how after patches sometimes it creates bugs or performance inadvertently changes. I usally check my ship perfomance after patches, like you know the borg in Warzone got easier to kill than before.
Career Officer
# 9
08-31-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
every fed cruiser needs a +2 to their turn rate. it really wouldn't make sense for the galaxy to turn as well or better then a sovereign or something
/agreed whole heartily.........
Captain
# 10
08-31-2012, 08:09 AM
If they would fix the boff layout
Commander universal

Give it the Deflector shot

Increase the turn rate by 2 or more

I predict sales of the Galaxy R would outstrip
Any other ship

Cryptic is losing money by not fixing the Icon
Ship of the Federation, a great many would buy it