Career Officer
There have been many complaints about the badge clipping problems on female characters. If we had sliders to adjust the positions of the badge slightly (similar to the way facial scars are placed), we could solve this problem ourselves.

This would have more uses than just fixing clipping problems. For instance, I'd love to use the TOS dress uniform ribbons on the Diplomatic jacket, but they don't really line up properly. If I could move them to the left a bit, they'd look perfect.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 2
09-02-2012, 04:43 PM
BRILLIANT IDEA!! Why hasn't this brilliant idea been thought of sooner? It's brilliant I dare say! Someone somewhere make this happen!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-02-2012, 05:17 PM
There would be a large discrepancy where the hand is in clicking the combadge.
Captain
# 4
09-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
You mean there isn't one already?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Annoyingly in the beginning there was no clipping issue in the females.
And then one day a patch came along and broke it. And it's been broken ever since.

Last edited by danbuk24; 10-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-18-2012, 04:28 AM
It's not just the female characters that would really benefit from having it so we could manually adjust where the combadge is positioned. Most of the uniforms have some type of ribbing that is right where the combadge should be, and it doesn't look right. Not only that but with the female characters as well, the male characters also have the same problem of the combadge floating or sinking depending on the character body selections.

There are several uniform sets that I bought because I really liked the look of them, only to end up not using them because it looked so bad with a combadge that I finally decided not to buy anymore.
Career Officer
# 7
10-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
What happens if you are wearing the TOS badges? Reminds me of the elevator scene from Trials and Tribbleations.

In truth, it may be less the incorrect position of that badges and more a problem with the uniform. Look at the DS9/Movie uniform (gray shoulders). On screen the comm badges are worn on the black part of the uniform. Here they are grossly misplaced. On screen on any uniform I've never seen the badges be half on the shoulder color and half below, yet in STO the badges seem to be consistently placed here on all two-tone uniforms .
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor