Captain
# 1 Too slow
09-03-2012, 09:40 AM
The frequency modulator that replicated is so slow that by the time it's done with cycling, half your squad is dead from Borg bosses that one shot kill you or spray fatal shots that take you down to half life. It need to be brought up to speed so it would work at a reasonble pace. The built in frequency modulator in the MACO and Omega suits work at a very good speed. Why can't the replicated ones work just as efficient? Its hard to get the lvl 12 STF gear. I don't like the fact that its too random. I have been doing ground STF's for a year and still don't have a complete lvl 12 MACO or Omega suit. If you going to keep those gear hard to get, then you need to bring up the performance of the replicated frequency, modulators.
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Mk XI sets work well enough, and they are much easier to get and use until uyou get a MK XII set. Also the defara colony invasion thing can also give you the materials to create a fractal modulator, its a little bit faster than the default one.

P.S. thats one of the upsides to working for the Omega/maco/HG sets instand modulation. also, its got a long cooldown so you would still likely need a regular modulator.

give out insta remods for free. people would not even bother with the STF sets.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 09-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Captain
# 3
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
Mk XI sets work well enough, and they are much easier to get and use until uyou get a MK XII set. Also the defara colony invasion thing can also give you the materials to create a fractal modulator, its a little bit faster than the default one.

P.S. thats one of the upsides to working for the Omega/maco/HG sets instand modulation. also, its got a long cooldown so you would still likely need a regular modulator.

give out insta remods for free. people would not even bother with the STF sets.
they just need to be speed up a few seconds. The Defera Envasion mission quit ever since they brought the fleet mission for Starbase and such. The default modulator need to be more reasonable speed since they are stingy in giving STF gear period. The new fleet gear is better than the STF gear anyway, so no need for them to be so stingy wih STF.
Career Officer
# 4
09-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Pretty invalid complaint.

Standard free remodulator takes 4s, fractal earned in Defera is 3s, Maco/Omega/KHG sets is 0.5s with a cooldown.

If you are playing elites with a free remodulator then you shouldn't be playing elites. If you have been doing STFs for a year and don't have any set at all then you have a lot of issues.
Commander
# 5
09-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
If you are playing elites with a free remodulator then you shouldn't be playing elites.
I know plenty of people who play elites with the free remodulator. You may not like the idea, but the free one works just fine until you have enough pieces to get the set.

No one should ever be barred from any event because you don't like their gear. That's just silly.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
# 6
09-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Indeed. Even a Mk X set of Omega/MACO/HG only costs 60EDC in total. I started off getting a full set of that by grinding the STFs, and relying on getting EDC along with the usual tat you get in the loot bag at the end.

It has taken me just over 7 weeks to grind out the EDC to get a nearly full set of Mk XI Omega (playing several STFs per night), and thankfully I got a Rare Borg PSG Tech, so I was able to complete the set and use the spare EDC to put towards getting some Mk XI weapons for my ship. But, even a full Mk XI set is only 120EDC. If you can do the Space Elites comfortably, farm them to get the EDC, and mix it up with the Normal Ground missions. Get a Mk X set and you can do Normal Grounds more comfortably and get into Elites. Get a Mk XI set and you can start to farm for the Prototype Tech you need for the Mk XII on both Normal and Elite.

And remember, if you end up with Mk X, don't throw away the Mk X, give it to a BOff, who will be able to make full use of it.

Tim

Edit: As to the OP's question (which I half missed), the free remodulator is fine. A 4 second remodulation seems like forever, but provided you time it right (between enemies) it does okay. Remember to equip a backup weapon of a different energy type to switch to if you're in the middle of a firefight and don't necessarily have the time to remodulate (I go from Fleet Phaser sniper - don't have the Mk XI MACO rifle yet - to Omega Antiproton Carbine nowadays, but I used to go from Antiproton sniper rifle to Tetryon Pulsewave).

Last edited by tmichc; 09-04-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
09-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I could see an Eng getting away with a fractal remodulator on elites, maybe a science too, as a tactical there is no way, you need the set remodulator.

The X level sets are easy to get, this fascination with everyone having XII gear is crazy, if you aren't elite then why do you need elite gear? The amount of damage needed in elites is far far above normals, set remodulator just isn't a choice.

The fractals take maybe an hour on Defera? Especially when its off fleet event time, go there, round up drones and blast them all at once.
Captain
# 8
09-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Pretty invalid complaint.

Standard free remodulator takes 4s, fractal earned in Defera is 3s, Maco/Omega/KHG sets is 0.5s with a cooldown.

If you are playing elites with a free remodulator then you shouldn't be playing elites. If you have been doing STFs for a year and don't have any set at all then you have a lot of issues.
Playing STF Elite so i can get the Elite lvl 12 gear. You can't get one otherwise. Its not good enough since the the Elite Tac Drones one shot kill a lot of people on the team. My complaint is valid.
Captain
# 9
09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Playing STF Elite so i can get the Elite lvl 12 gear. You can't get one otherwise. Its not good enough since the the Elite Tac Drones one shot kill a lot of people on the team. My complaint is valid.
I hate to join the chorus, but i wouldnt advise most people on doing a ground elite without AT LEAST the mkx Honorguard/Maco/Omega,

Why?

Cure ground elite, when the worker drones are attacking the transformers you NEED to deal with them, stand still re modulating does not cut it.

Infected ground elite, (i wont go into optional because its essentially impossible on pug regardless) Assuming you are using the right tactic of sniping the borg, having the extended remod again doesn't cut it, the borg come into closer range and the team needs to take them down quickly. As for the boss its fairly obvious, wasting time re modulating means borg WILL respawn, flank damage and kill the team. not to mention you cant heal while remodding.

Khitomer Accord ground elite, this one.. more forgiving on, an engineer can easily get away with it, sci assuming they are being a more supportive role anyways, yeah they can pretty much get away with it, tactical? not really.. their kit abilities are reliant on weapons, so remod is still pretty much essential.

I know its a hassle but don't do elite ground missions until you have at least a mkx stf set.
I mean the pros should be enough to go for it..
-you get a 2piece ability (helps survivability)
-the weapons have the +15GUARANTEED DAMAGE to borg (even if you havent remodded)
-You get the integral remod
-It's only 60edc at most.

You dont even have to run normal ground missions. You can do normal space missions, or if you KNOW your ship can manage elite, then you can also do elites.

But please I implore you, do no go on elite ground without a maco/omega/honor guard mlx set. ESPECIALLY infected/cure.

As for the borg one shots, i that when it happens its because i got flanked (my own fault for not being more perceptive of the locations of borg), I was a low health anyways, or i was just unlucky. If anything getting the mkx stf set means you can heal yourself or sometimes even prevent a 1hit ko, (e.g. using the MACO shield ability and it saves you from a heavy drone's sweeping attack)
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
I find that you can get away with the free remodulator on elites with an eng character with enemy neutralization kit. Usually the mob is half dead before I fire from my gun and can remodulate between mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
The frequency modulator that replicated is so slow that by the time it's done with cycling, half your squad is dead from Borg bosses that one shot kill you or spray fatal shots that take you down to half life. It need to be brought up to speed so it would work at a reasonble pace. The built in frequency modulator in the MACO and Omega suits work at a very good speed. Why can't the replicated ones work just as efficient? Its hard to get the lvl 12 STF gear. I don't like the fact that its too random. I have been doing ground STF's for a year and still don't have a complete lvl 12 MACO or Omega suit. If you going to keep those gear hard to get, then you need to bring up the performance of the replicated frequency, modulators.
What I do when one of my toons gets to max level is I start with the space stfs. I then save the data chips from the space to get one set of ground gear. That way I have the 3 piece set bonus before I get to ground. Once I start on the ground missions I get the space equipment I need.

I don't see the need to change the remodulator from 4 seconds. It is not that hard to get a fractal remodulator or the 3 piece set bonus. I have one fractal remodulator and I leave it in my account wide bank if I need it for a toon that does not have the set and will use it until they do.

You can get the fractal remodulator from the defaria ground invasion. you can use the free one in there and grind to get one if you need it. Those borg are pretty easy.