Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
Qapla' fellow warriors!,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Priority One will be hosting a question and answer event with the devs that is focused on the KDF.

The purpose of this thread is to gather questions for the event.

As many of you know, the last few weeks in the KDF forums have been lively and we want to capture some of that liveliness in our questions to the devs. I hope that you will comb through recent KDF threads to find great questions, either your own or those of others. Just make sure to give credit where credit is due.

Important Guideline:

- Keep the anger to a minimum. I know we are the KDF and that diplomacy is not our strong point, but in this case, the probability that your question will be selected is directly linked to your ability to formulate it in a civil, even-handed manner. This does not mean that your questions cannot be critical, only that they need to be civil.

If one of your questions is selected, you will, of course, be given credit. A certain level of editorial privilege, however, will be retained by Priority One.

This is a great opportunity for us to provide direct feedback to our developers. Please take advantage of this event.

To victory!

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 09-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Gates of Sto'vo'kor endorses this message.

Don't make me pull out my lethean. he'll get questions out of you, but it may not be pleasant. i'm just saying.

Qapla'! For the Empire.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
You said questions, so I assume we may submit several either by editing in later or more posts.

My first would have to be.
When will we see a complete faction for the empire? Starting at level 1. With a full set of missions(exclusive or shared) where the shared missions do not read like the Klingon empire fighting the mirror universe Fed pretending to be Feds. (I speak of the dialog still being from the Orions or whatever)

When will they have a more robust set of uniforms and off duty outfits included? (yes, like the feds came with. hangs head)

Will the empire see a larger fleet to select from while ranking?

Will the empire ever have a true science vessel to call their own?

Last edited by kilemorgan; 09-06-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-06-2012, 10:01 PM
What will be the next unique piece of KDF mission content? And will it be connected to Season 7?

What's the status on making more KDF ship designs, be they Klingon or non-Klingon?

When will more customization options (character and ship) be available? And can we have a future Season exclusively develop the KDF?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-06-2012, 10:16 PM
when are we going get the same attention as the feds, currently it goes

new fed ship new fed uniform new fed shuttle new ship uniform ship ship.

and what do the kdf get.... nothing.

how about at least trying to even things out

(fed ship kdf ship fed uniform kdf unform.)

i got money to spend and points yet where is the stuff to buy????

ps. i tried to get a freind to play sto and he gave up becuase he couldnt play kdf he had to lvl up a fed first he isnt a trek fan but plays lots of game and quit sto after he found out that he couldnt play with his firend in game til he lvled up.

maybe its time to let kdf be selected from new account even if the kdf doesnt start at lvl 1.

Last edited by maddog0000doom; 09-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I have some I was saving for the next Ask Cryptic, I missed the last one. So here they are:

KDF Unifroms, there have been a huge request by both factions for more KDF uniforms, the Federation racing unifroms on the forums is very unpopular, going by the thread linked to the blog post about their release. Is there going to be a change in the near future with the KDF getting some much needed uniforms? Also will there be a change to allow more cross species uniforms including the currently available ones? Will errors on the existing ones be fixed, including the KDF Academy uniform, the only c-store costume we have currently?

Will the NPC KDF ships seen in the Federation campaign make it into the dilithium/requesition fleet line up for KDF players to have some more variety when levelling and also some possible kitbash options for their species (Gorn, Orion etc) c-store unlocks?

Will there ever be a 100 day KDF vet reward item to go with the Federation one?

For many of us, the KDF is the only thing keeping us in the game, putting money into the game, yet the lack of development and c-store releases is a missed opportunity for Cryptic and PWE to capitalise on and make money. Not to mention to please your customers, who are screaming for things to buy and bring something new to their beloved faction. Will there be a shift here to capitalise on this untapped market, bring in some new items like costumes, bundles and ships? If not why not?

The Varanus, Kar'Fi and B'rel Retrofit, 3 KDF ships that could qualify for a fleet ship and give KDF a discount. Why were these not added? Can they be added to give KDF players the discount option? Also as an alternative for those ships who do not qualify (Excelsior, Guramba etc) could it not be a requirement that a player would need the c-store versions to get the fleet version?

I have others but they aren't really KDF focused, or KDF specific so I'll leave those out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 7
09-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I'll apologize if some of these seem harsh or rude, but I really would like to understand the current mentality towards the Klingon side of this game.

How do you expect the Klingon population to grow when you give players more and more incentives to play on the Federation side?

From having a completed storyline, that allows player to begin only as a Fed, more PvE missions, and ever increasing C-store items, seems like one side almost has it all.

Will we ever see another exclusive Klingon c-store ship?

I know comments have been made about the economic viability to do so.

Why not improve PvP and tap into the faction vs faction gameplay style that could attract a new market of players to this game?

This seems like a huge unexploited resource in this game, pvp right now offers little to no rewards.

Do you believe the game can continue to move forward by only releasing cross factional endgame PvE grind style missions?

Between the STF's and the fleet missions, seems like we have plenty to choose from, maybe I'm wrong and people want more missions and rewards to grind. The other problem I see, is that this offers no difference in end game play style between the two factions, which seems like less of an incentive to play another faction. So, maybe I should ask will we see more end game missions which are faction exclusive?

Is this game viable without the Klingon playerbase?

I ask this as a serious question to understand exactly where Klingons stand. If the answer is no, then I have to ask why do you conitnue to ignore us?

Last edited by walkincrow; 09-07-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
09-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Will we see "Species Flavored' content for the faction that expands on the new additions to the Empire. The Gorn, Nausicaans, Lethians, Fearasans and the ever popular Orions.

Will we see these races better represented in the High Council?

Will there be any social zones for these species similar to Andor, Vulcan, and Bajor?

Will we see more costume options in the future, Armor graphics, Kit graphics, our own flight suits!

When will the full scale invasion of the Romulan Empire begin?
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)

Last edited by starkofthenorth; 09-07-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Captain
# 9
09-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
This is a great opportunity for us to provide direct feedback to our developers. Please take advantage of this event.

To victory!

Questions:

1- Klingon faction has been devoid of costume visuals in ground forever. When will this be taken care of?

-- In a similar note, can we PLEASE have the option to remove the visuals on the mk 12 ground weapons? Seriously, a nice, sleek looking rifle or pistol with a FUGLY protuberance made from holographic/glowy crapola.. c'mon man this is star trek not teletubbies on acid.

2- Ship options for KDF: I am one of those that believes KDF has a much better ship variety and uniqueness than the Federation. I do however wonder why the Federation receives all the new ship releases whereas KDF is left with ships a year+ old.

The HoHsus and BortasQ are really our 'new' ships for more than a year.

So my question is: Will there be at least an effort to release a KDF ship along with a Federation ship from now on?

3- PVP : This is a Klingon's greatest desire. Will Cryptic allow players to submit ideas on how to implement PVP and make a serious effort to introduce PVP as a gameplay option?

4- My pet peeve: Carrier issues. There are two.

A- (Visual cosmetic): Zoom level on the VoQuv carrier. I know the ship is very big but even on my 29" screen running 1920 resolution the ship still blocks half the screen.

Please allow these large ships to zoom the camera out some more. Heck allow a free zoom amount... it not only helps everyone but for those of us who like to make videos of the game an unlimited zoom-out would be SUCH a good tool!

B- Pet AI issues: Borticus probably rolled his eyes when reading this.

Pet AI has been severely broken for a long time and currently it only works because a haphazard band-aid-on-gaping-chest-wound fix made it 'mostly functional'.

It has been a chronic issue with pet AI that the developers do not listen to the player feedback and end up making it worse every time.

Can we please have a serious effort to resolve the pet AI issue? One where developers interact with the players on tribble/forums and crunch the problems out?

Seriously guys, you HAD fixed the pet AI. It was beautiful..orgasmic... and then you borked them while adding a silly cosmetic 'formation flying' routine.

Finally, THE most critical problem I have with KDF:

7- Color blind issue- KDF red interface is horrible to navigate for color blind players. When its red on black space background its not a problem but when the ship flies in green-background or green fx all around the interface simply VANISHES. Blurs out view.

I know for a fact that it is possible for KDF to use the federation interface because a bug had KDF using Fed interface in PVP maps for a long time.

Can we PLEASE at LEAST have the option to switch to Fed interface.. or add a color palette slider for the interface so we can choose the colors?

(note: color blindness is not just red/green. Others may be yellow/blue..so a color palette choice ..even if it only changes the color of what is currently red in kdf interface... will be an amazing fix).
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg

Last edited by cmdrskyfaller; 09-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
We appear to have had forward movement. Dan Stahl said that they are now taking a "If you build it they will come," approach to getting a tutorial and 1-50 leveled play into the KDF in this month's Ask Cryptic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskCryptic
Q: (fedwarrior) For two factions at war, the feds and klinks don?t appear to engage each other much. Is there any plans to improve PVP and make it more a core part of the game?

Dstahl: Even though this question pops up every month, it is important to note that I?m taking the ?build it and they will come? attitude towards the KDF. Despite the fact that a minority of players play KDF, there is still a dream that we can build up the two factions into two healthy adversaries that could warrant the ?war? that is going on. This is why I?ve been actively pursuing all of the resources necessary to tackle the biggest issue first ? which is to allow players to create a KDF faction character as their first character. As it is, you must create a FED, level it to 24, and then you can roll a KDF toon. Problem is, you?re already invested in your FED, so it makes it more challenging for you to want to play KDF. This means building a KDF tutorial and ensuring that you can play KDF from level 1 onward. Once this happens (which I hope it will in the future) it will warrant the type of PvP Battlegrounds that PvP fans (and PWE) are wishing was part of this game.
Read it for your self here... http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=665391

Then they killed the discussion thread that was started for it.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.