Lieutenant
OK - I have 4 device slots (wish I had more). I seem to do best with a hypo and shield charge, and ya gotta have a tribble (don't you?). So that only leaves 1 slot. If you are fighting Borg, that is taken by a remodulator. Do people use the power cells? I don't notice "weapons malfunction" much (PVP only?). I like to use my final spot for Ophidian Cane or Shard of Possibilities. Is there some better configuration? You don't get to swap them around much when you are being hounded by baddies, so I need a good set-up I can just leave there.
Commander
# 2
09-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Which ever one makes 2 more of you is great. the remod is not needed if you have a 2 piece of M.A.C.O. ground.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 3
09-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizork View Post
OK - I have 4 device slots (wish I had more). I seem to do best with a hypo and shield charge, and ya gotta have a tribble (don't you?). So that only leaves 1 slot. If you are fighting Borg, that is taken by a remodulator. Do people use the power cells? I don't notice "weapons malfunction" much (PVP only?). I like to use my final spot for Ophidian Cane or Shard of Possibilities. Is there some better configuration? You don't get to swap them around much when you are being hounded by baddies, so I need a good set-up I can just leave there.
Large Hypo or Cordrazine | Large Shield | Immunos | (optional)

(optional) can be anything... since you CAN swap them around in combat. One choice the others did not mention was the Borg Static Grenades. More useful for Scis/Engrs than for Tacts who might prefer a Large Power cell instead.

You can skip the Immunos if your DPS is so low that you don't end up tanking. 'circle strafing' doesn't work on NPCs so sitting still might help your team mates score more critical hits. Just try to remember what standing/crouching does for your range dodge% versus melee dodge %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
Which ever one makes 2 more of you is great. the remod is not needed if you have a 2 piece of M.A.C.O. ground.

Kyle
You need the complete, 3-piece set for Integral Remodulation
Captain
# 4
09-08-2012, 08:43 AM
large hypo (nurse doff equipped), gambling device, horta combat pet (the resiliant one), and the device that creates two copies of me...from the ds9 featured series.
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 5
09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
asphe, that's right. Was getting the shield thing at 2. Thanks.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 6
09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
While I may be great in space, I suck on ground battles unless it's something easy. I use the Ophidian Cane, Shard of Possibilites, Frequency Remodulator, and a Gambling Device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 7
09-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
Large Hypo or Cordrazine | Large Shield | Immunos | (optional)

(optional) can be anything... since you CAN swap them around in combat. One choice the others did not mention was the Borg Static Grenades. More useful for Scis/Engrs than for Tacts who might prefer a Large Power cell instead.

You can skip the Immunos if your DPS is so low that you don't end up tanking. 'circle strafing' doesn't work on NPCs so sitting still might help your team mates score more critical hits. Just try to remember what standing/crouching does for your range dodge% versus melee dodge %.
I wouldn't skip on the nanoprobes no matter what, really. The Borg assimilation attack has a really long range (it's more like a hose than a set of needles as in First Contact), I've had them try to get me from at least 5 meters away. I've seen tons of people who like to live dangerously in Defera glowing utterly green from the nanoprobes though - wonder how they avoid being assimilated. I hardly ever see it actually happen, though if I don't have the anti-nanos it almost always happens to me.

However, that's news to me about the devices. You can swap around device slot contents even when you're in Red Alert mode?

Can you keybind this?
Captain
# 8
09-07-2012, 08:00 AM
My slots are normally:

Large Hypo
Shard of possibities
Fleet/Cryo tribble
Large weapon battery/Horta ally <- handy for arggoing/hurting borg on Infect Ground Elite

Before i have my Omega/Maco/Honor Guard

Reodulator
Cryo/Fleet Tribble
Large Hypo
Shard of possibilities
Captain
# 10
09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
The ophidian cane, the shard of possibilities, the thing that puts a ring around you and turns you ghostly blue (I forget it's name, the posts look like transport enhancers) and a health tribble. Though when fighting the Borg missions, I gave the ring enhancer thingy to my second officer and put a remodulator in.

Being an Engineer, I'm also well equipped with seeker and service drones, turrets and mortars. With doffs to get extra ones of each of them in. While everyone is busy shooting at all this random crap I've spawned, my boffs go in and shoot them to pieces.

Obviously this is only pve. I don't pvp.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'