I no longer consider myself a noob, but I am still unsure about some things. I would like to ask a few questions.
1) Is this http://theenginescannaetakeit.files....ison-graph.jpg still valid? I think so, because today during STFs I repeatedly saw a guy with a DHC on Defiant firing from 9 km away doing way less damage than me (beams + escort + 2 km away). It would be ideal that Cryptic would confirm it or at least someone tested and measured this in pvp. If that is true (not just my imagination), I need to find a way to convince these guys to go a little closer (Borg don't bite! or Come to papa! Doesn't work.)
2) Season 6: Is there a spreadsheet where all the new ships - preferably with the old ones - would be displayed with their statistics including complete requirements. I have peaked at them and I would like to "upgrade" my fleet escort. But the thing is I keep reading that this is not a matter of single currency, but multiple stuff is required (sigh, why cannot they make it simple).
3) Some time ago, there were talks that going to lvl 60 will be available. Is this still planned? I have a respec and I am unsure if I want to use it.
Well, I probably need to make the time to find a reasonable fleet or wait long enough till they make fleet ship purchasable by zen.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions (especially about that weapon/distance mechanics).
EDIT: BTW I just had amazing eliteSTF (kang) me (tac) and 4 science captains (different ships) and it was so easy. I wonder if science guys are so much better
1). As far as I'm aware they haven't changed this mechanic. One of the challenges of getting people to move in closer is also to make them NOT move in closer on certain encounters - getting too close can trigger Donatra to cloak, for example.
2). There was a ship chart, but the person maintaining it doesn't play anymore. There was some talk of somebody putting together a Google docs spreadsheet to take its place. Not sure if it's happened yet.
3). This was mentioned in the Raptr Q&A and ask cryptic. It is still planned, but there's still things that will happen first, including another alternate advancement system in season 7, and some general content expansion.
1) I thought the drop off began at 5km, but I'm actually not sure now that I think of it. Dual/Dual Heavy Cannons do take the biggest hit. The guy in the Defiant could have a crap build and did no damage because of that, but being 9km away wouldn't have helped him.
2) Spidermitch did charts up until a couple of months ago. They're in a pinned thread in the Federation Fleet Yards. But because he had to stop, the Regent, Tholian ships and Fleet Starbase ships are all missing. And I don't think anyone's attempted them since. If you want to look at those, you'll have to look at them individually in STOWiki.
Most Fleet ships require 4 Fleet Ship Modules (tradeable CStore item) and 20k Fleet Credits anyway.
3) AFAIK, they still intend to, but haven't given us an ETA.
EDIT) Depends on what they were flying. Sci Captains have Subnucleonic Beam, which is a handy power, but their ship would have a bigger bearing on their effectiveness.
4) Is there a way to protect myself from that "electric" weapon that NeghVar has? I mean beside not staying too close to others (I watched 4 ships nearly instantly die in elite with circa 75% shields and full hulls). It seems to me that it also ignores reverse shield polarity.
If the answer is somewhere on the forum, just point me in the right direction.
1) Yes. energy Weapons do have a drop off in damage with increasing distance. Cannons fall off much quicker than beam weapons do. With cannons you really want to be inside of 6km of your target. And the sweet spot is around 4 km.
2) It's simple in terms of currencys. To get a Fleet ship, you have to earn Fleet Credits by contributing to a Fleet Project. You can do it in multiple ways. And then you need a Fleet Ship Module which is 500 Zen. But they can be purchased via the Exchange for Energy Credits.
3) A level bump is not in the cards for the near future. I'd say the soonest it could happen is a one year.
I started to play the klingon campaign. Is there a way to copy my setting (especially key binds) from my fed chard to the klingon one? I cannot find any files in "documents and setting" (running win 7, nonsteam install)