Commander
I would like to request an increase of the max number of commodities seletable with the slider from 50 to 250, the current commodity stack size.

When commodities were mostly used in "Aid the Planet" and duty officer assignments being limited to buying 50 at a time was not really an issue. There were few assignments that required more then 50 at once of any commodity. Now however they are used in the upgrading of starbases and the number required is not trivial, even if the total cost sometimes is.

The project "Reinforce Local Systems I" from military tier 1 requires 2500 shield generators. At base price that is 250,000 EC, a fairly insignificant amount, however to purchase that many you have to click buy and move the slider to the max FIFTY times. You might point out that its normally spread across several people in a fleet but that is still a lot of work that could be avoided. If the max purchasable at once was increased to match the stack size of 250 it would only be TEN purchases.

Looking ahead some of the projects require more and more of these things. "Reinforce Local Systems II" is 5000 shield generators (100 slides of the slider), "Reinforce Local Systems III" requires 7500 shield generators (150 slides of the slider). If the trend continues then "Reinforce Local Systems V" will be 250 slides of the slider to max and a spending of 1.25 million EC. The work required to slide that slider over becomes several times the amount it would take to earn that much EC, and might in fact take more time then it takes to earn the EC.

Thank you for your time.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-12-2012, 05:07 AM
I second this.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
Career Officer
# 3
09-12-2012, 05:21 AM
+ 1 followed by a lot of zeros to this!

Moving the slider to 250 would be ideal.

Totally agree.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Lieutenant
# 4
09-12-2012, 06:51 AM
The slider should not slide to a set maximum number; but to whatever is the maximum stack size of the item you are buying.

• Buying Vulcan Spiced Tea (max stack size of 20)? Slider maxes out at 20.
  • Buying basic commodities (max sack size of 250)? Slider maxes out at 250.
  • Buying Eludium-Q13 Explosive Space Modulators (max stack size of 999)? Slider maxes out at 999.

This would make transactions a bit more intuitive.
Captain
# 5
09-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Or just add a text box where we can put in an integer to buy any arbitrary amount we want up to the limit of our inventory space.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
ANY means of buying more all at once would be quite nice. 250 at a time, 1000 at a time, something to reduce the tediousness of clicking over and over and over.

Career Officer
# 7
09-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I think the intent was never for one guy to buy 5000 shield generators and convert that to fleet credits.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
I think the intent was never for one guy to buy 5000 shield generators and convert that to fleet credits.
Even so, that's only 5,000 fleet credits, 6,000 if using a bonus. And presuming you bought them from a vendor for 75 each, that's still 375k EC, double if you replicate them.

I don't think it's a big issue really. It's more tedious and annoying than anything. Newer/poorer people may not have the money to really buy enough to make it worth their time and money. Richer folks may have the money, but may not always want to, unless they have to do so.

Either way, it's still very annoying for anybody to click to 50, over and over and over.

Lt. Commander
# 9
09-18-2012, 03:03 AM
+1 to the OP. The slider should crank up to the max stack size of whatever commodity you're getting/using/whatevering.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Commander
# 10
09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Or just add a text box where we can put in an integer to buy any arbitrary amount we want up to the limit of our inventory space.
This.