Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
Who here thinks the Borg should be ten times more powerful then they are and their numbers reduced about 10,000 cubes less? The aye's and nay's will have it.



Yeah, that's right.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,313
# 2
09-12-2012, 07:54 PM
After watching Janeway blow her way through Borg ships, not really. Anything Janeway can do 35 years ago I should be able to do in spades.

Of course I'm really just not into Giant Monster encounters in MMOs, and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. I find that sort of thing extremely boring - even though it is the most common end-game event in MMOs.

Of course I'd rather see the Borg far less often in the game. I think there are other big bads which can be added to the game who are far more entertaining. The Borg were played-out by First Contact, IMO.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,041
# 3
09-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Heh. I remember the first time I went into Ker'rat at level 10 in my brand new Connie Retrofit and seeing all those cubes and thinking "I mustn't run away!" I'm a TNGer who couldn't stand what I saw of Voyager, so my knowledge of the Borg was the juggernaught of Wolf 359. Took a while before I realized they were meant to be popped solo, and not with a small fleet. Was disappointed by that, actually.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 4
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
After watching Janeway blow her way through Borg ships, not really. Anything Janeway can do 35 years ago I should be able to do in spades.

Of course I'm really just not into Giant Monster encounters in MMOs, and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. I find that sort of thing extremely boring - even though it is the most common end-game event in MMOs.

Of course I'd rather see the Borg far less often in the game. I think there are other big bads which can be added to the game who are far more entertaining. The Borg were played-out by First Contact, IMO.
Borg are like zombies. They've both been done to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Heh. I remember the first time I went into Ker'rat at level 10 in my brand new Connie Retrofit and seeing all those cubes and thinking "I mustn't run away!" I'm a TNGer who couldn't stand what I saw of Voyager, so my knowledge of the Borg was the juggernaught of Wolf 359. Took a while before I realized they were meant to be popped solo, and not with a small fleet. Was disappointed by that, actually.
Voyager was a travesty.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,196
# 5
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Voyager was a travesty.
Voyager was inconsistent. It had some genuinely good stories, the safe Federation standbys, embarrassing stories... and infamously the worst episode in the entire franschise.

But despite all that, that doesn't make it a travesty. Just inconsistent like I said
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 6
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Voyager was inconsistent. It had some genuinely good stories, the safe Federation standbys, embarrassing stories... and infamously the worst episode in the entire franschise.

But despite all that, that doesn't make it a travesty. Just inconsistent like I said
Okay I'll give you that one. Captain Quantum was the travesty. He made...William Shattner...look like...a good actor.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 330
# 7
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Voyager was inconsistent. It had some genuinely good stories, the safe Federation standbys, embarrassing stories... and infamously the worst episode in the entire franschise.
Sorry mate, gotta disagree. The award for worst episode definitely goes for the Enterprise series finale.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,609
# 8
09-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Borg are like zombies. They've both been done to death.



Voyager was a travesty.
Technically Borg were designed to be the zombies of TNG as they do resemble the shambling mindless zombies from horror films. It was I think later in the Borg lore they were thought to be a hive mind and then the queen was introduced.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,802
# 9
09-13-2012, 05:12 AM
The Borg are ridiculously easy to kill, the only time they get tough are end of level Borg on the Elite STFs. There is no way any Fed ship should be able to take on any cube alone and beat it on fire power alone. Time has marched on and we have more advanced weaponry but so what, surely the Borg would have not only adapted to that but also developed even more advanced weaponry themselves? They are hundreds to thousands of years in advance of the Federation, they have resources spread across the entire galaxy, perhaps even other galaxies, they should be far far tougher than they are.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 243
# 10
09-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. .
and on that note I have to add That Cubes should be way bigger the Enterprise-D looked almost tiny when she first encountered the borg.Yet in game a Galaxy has a decent scale to a cube.I have always told myself these are smaller cubes than those seen in the series so ya throwing some biga** cubes out there would be a welcome addition imo
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 AM.