Republic Veteran
# 1 Dreadnaught Ships - possible?
09-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm trying to add a really strong Galaxy-X as endgame space combat for mirror universe, is it possible to make it a dreadnaught-type ship in terms of strength and difficulty to destroy?
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-13-2012, 03:06 AM
No you can't add a dreadnought if the player plays the mission solo. You should be able to skin a mirror battleship like a dreandhought though.

So if you want a really challenging group matching the level of difficulty of a dreadnought you can make something like:
Battleship 01 + cruiser 01 + fighters 01 at the same coordinates.

This will be a very challenging group, and some players won't be able to do it, it's a fact. So be carefull when you add ennemies, endless tough battles don't make a mission more interesting. If I want to play something really difficult I just queue for infected ground elite - at least the reward is worth it.

So I highly advise you to just skin a regular battleship and to give up about the extreme challenge idea. I won't make your mission better.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-13-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 3
09-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
No you can't add a dreadnought if the player plays the mission solo. You should be able to skin a mirror battleship like a dreandhought though.

So if you want a really challenging group matching the level of difficulty of a dreadnought you can make something like:
Battleship 01 + cruiser 01 + fighters 01 at the same coordinates.

This will be a very challenging group, and some players won't be able to do it, it's a fact. So be carefull when you add ennemies, endless tough battles don't make a mission more interesting. If I want to play something really difficult I just queue for infected ground elite - at least the reward is worth it.

So I highly advise you to just skin a regular battleship and to give up about the extreme challenge idea. I won't make your mission better.
I'm thinking of a mirror universe preemptive strike, sort of like the mirror events, where you have to destroy the dreadnaught at the end of that mission, so...
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
You can also reskin a mob of another race for your dreadnaught, something that will be a little harder or a little more unique, say use an Undine or a Fek'lhri battleship group. Keep in mind though that if you pair some different types of enemies together, they will fight each other. If it was a 1-on-1 fight you were looking for, no problem.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
You can also reskin a mob of another race for your dreadnaught, something that will be a little harder or a little more unique, say use an Undine or a Fek'lhri battleship group. Keep in mind though that if you pair some different types of enemies together, they will fight each other. If it was a 1-on-1 fight you were looking for, no problem.
The fehkiri battleship will pop fighters, which isn't the best idea if you want to costume it as a mirror dreadnought. The undine is fine but it will use "undine torpedoes" too.

I'd suggest a romulan battleship. The D'deridex is a hell for many players.
Rihannsu
# 6
09-13-2012, 05:48 PM
And the Mogai... those things are a PAIN!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Ensign
# 8
09-16-2012, 06:28 AM
I found a great link for determining the best groups to use.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...ling-for-npcs/

It shows what ships you get for each group and player count.
Captain
# 9
09-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camamar View Post
I found a great link for determining the best groups to use.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...ling-for-npcs/

It shows what ships you get for each group and player count.
I think that article's outdated, though...Season 6 redesignated the actors.