Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,962
from tribble maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
*Polaron Procs:

*Assigned a stack limit to Polaron Energy Drains.

*Polaron energy drain comes with two components:

*1) Max energy level reduction to all subsystems that lasts 5 seconds.

*2) An instant drain of all subsystem energy.

*This has no duration - enemy immediately begins regenerating energy lost from this instant effect.

*The new Stack Limit on Polaron procs applies ONLY to the duration-based aspect that reduces a target's max energy.

*The instant drain is not limited.
... what? ok so the new proc now have a cap of how many times it can be applied, though that number was not provided, and to make up for it the old proc is back on top of it?

is the drain amount split between these 2 parts of the proc? do they stack on top of each other for double the effect? how many times can it stack now? once? this is not enough information.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 2
09-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a good change to me honestly...

If I read this right it means this

If I proc you once and your power is reduced by 45... your 100 goes to 55...
Now for 5 seconds you power can not go over 55... (right now it just keeps stacking that effect to infinity)

Now if I score another proc on you your power will go down by 45 again... but it will not be forced to 10 and stay there for 5 seconds as it does now. However it will go down to 10 and your ship will regen it back to the 55 until the proc wares off.

This is a good change, if the stack of the system cap reduction is 1... which I am going to bet it is seeing as they didn't give another number.

This means multiple procs are nice... but no one is going to get proced to ZEROs accross the board anymore.

I like it ... Honestly I stopped running polarons cause it seemed like a **** move to me.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 797
# 3
09-17-2012, 07:26 PM
YAY something to put into the weekly update later this week!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,962
# 4
09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Sounds like a good change to me honestly...

If I read this right it means this

If I proc you once and your power is reduced by 45... your 100 goes to 55...
Now for 5 seconds you power can not go over 55... (right now it just keeps stacking that effect to infinity)

Now if I score another proc on you your power will go down by 45 again... but it will not be forced to 10 and stay there for 5 seconds as it does now. However it will go down to 10 and your ship will regen it back to the 55 until the proc wares off.

This is a good change, if the stack of the system cap reduction is 1... which I am going to bet it is seeing as they didn't give another number.

This means multiple procs are nice... but no one is going to get proced to ZEROs accross the board anymore.

I like it ... Honestly I stopped running polarons cause it seemed like a **** move to me.
if thats how they did it, i totally approve then
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
# 5
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if thats how they did it, i totally approve then

New Polarons: Now with dontdrunkimshoot's (tm) mark of approval since Septemeber 2012

Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,962
# 6
09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrparthos View Post
New Polarons: Now with dontdrunkimshoot's (tm) mark of approval since Septemeber 2012

i should make a list of things in game that would qualify for that mark a lot of things would get a mark of disapproval
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 7
09-17-2012, 08:20 PM
The devs would be very sad indeed if they saw my Disapproval list.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
# 8
09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Sounds like a good change to me honestly...

If I read this right it means this

If I proc you once and your power is reduced by 45... your 100 goes to 55...
Now for 5 seconds you power can not go over 55... (right now it just keeps stacking that effect to infinity)

Now if I score another proc on you your power will go down by 45 again... but it will not be forced to 10 and stay there for 5 seconds as it does now. However it will go down to 10 and your ship will regen it back to the 55 until the proc wares off.

This is a good change, if the stack of the system cap reduction is 1... which I am going to bet it is seeing as they didn't give another number.

This means multiple procs are nice... but no one is going to get proced to ZEROs accross the board anymore.

I like it ... Honestly I stopped running polarons cause it seemed like a **** move to me.
Sorry for being a bit late to this party.

Husanak has the description correct.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 9
09-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Sorry for being a bit late to this party.

Husanak has the description correct.
Thanks for clearing this one up Borticus. Good change btw. I think polarons are nicely balanced now. Thanks.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,531
# 10
09-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Sorry for being a bit late to this party.

Husanak has the description correct.
How ever, when I was on tribble, if I proced a Borg Sphere with Polarons, they would drop it's to 0 for that 5 seconds since I was doing -53 and they only have a 50ish shield setting.

Which means if anyone has a shield setting 53 or less they'll have 0 shields and their shields will drop as well as if I had hit them with a Phaser Proc to the shields. Is that intended?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 AM.