Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 544
# 1 Kit swapping is getting fixed!
09-18-2012, 08:44 AM
First double cloak, now kit swapping. Thanks Cryptic for improving ground PvP. We are not being ignored.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,467
# 2
09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I was kinda wondering when they would put the kaibosh on kit swapping for Engineers on the ground. I guess that means an Engineer will have to find a new way to PVP instead of swaping their Kits for all pets.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,919
# 3
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
this removes for me any point in having more than 1 kit, I have 3 for my engineer such that I can adapt in mid mission to suit my situation for example I run a bunker fab kit and an enemy neutralisation kit as well although my primary use for the enemy neutralisation kit is it's chroniton minefield so I walk up to a doorway swap to enemy neut, lay down the minefield and then swap back to do my turrets and gens.

If they take away my ability to change mid mission then not only will my engineer suffer, my sci will suffer and as a result any team I work with will suffer
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 4
09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
this removes for me any point in having more than 1 kit, I have 3 for my engineer such that I can adapt in mid mission to suit my situation for example I run a bunker fab kit and an enemy neutralisation kit as well although my primary use for the enemy neutralisation kit is it's chroniton minefield so I walk up to a doorway swap to enemy neut, lay down the minefield and then swap back to do my turrets and gens.

If they take away my ability to change mid mission then not only will my engineer suffer, my sci will suffer and as a result any team I work with will suffer
The issue here is the ability to swap and accrue an army of pets which was not intended in the first place. Choose your kits wisely. Facerolling is no fun for anyone.

Last edited by sabrefyre; 09-18-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 5
09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Shame. This was mighty useful in KAGE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
# 6
09-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefyre View Post
The issue here is the ability to swap and accrue an army of pets which was not intended in the first place. Choose your kits wisely. Facerolling is no fun for anyone.
who was to say that wasn't an intended mechanic? i have not been able to find anything from the devs that state that swapping out a kit was a bug or cheat.

the only people having a problem with this are ground pvp players.

i like pvp alot. i like pve alot as well. but i don't see how inconveniencing the majority of the playerbase to accommodate a minority for what seems like a mild tactical advantage is going to help balance anything.

Last edited by tehjonel; 09-18-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 7
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
who was to say that wasn't an intended mechanic? i have not been able to find anything from the devs that state that swapping out a kit was a bug or cheat.
Don't you kinda think the fact that they decided to remove the ability to kit swap and keep all the pets implies that it wasn't an intended mechanic?

Sure, say what you will about Cryptic, but I don't think they sit in the cube-farm and say "I really like being able to spam drones, mines, shields, and turrets practically simultaneously....but lets f**k that all up, even thou we intend for it to be that way"
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,919
# 8
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefyre View Post
The issue here is the ability to swap and accrue an army of pets which was not intended in the first place. Choose your kits wisely. Facerolling is no fun for anyone.
I don't use kit swapping for either of those purposes, I agree an army of pets can be unfair and no, facerolling isn't fun but as I said in my post i use it to ADAPT to my situation, how would you like it if you were an engineer using the bunker fabrication kit and you were doing well and then you come across a group of enemies who destroy you using your own stuff (Manus/Beccy in IGE for example), you'd want to change to a kit more suited to your situation right? but somebody came along and stopped you doing that because it didn't suit THEM that you were able to adapt to your situation...

Yes I sympathise with you, to a degree, as it is if I'm under fire i can't change and that can mean the difference between life or death for both me AND my team so I'm sorry but if it's a matter of you beam onto a map and you're no longer allowed to change your kit, that's unfair. I know you've mentioned engineers but nobody has mentioned science, should a science player be limited to a debuff kit because they didn't know the team would need a medic going into the map, I know for a fact the med kit is not useful for most of CGE but at the end it's the best weapon you can have.

In doing this you are penalising good players of 2 classes, I ask you now... Is THAT fair? is THAT right?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 9
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I don't use kit swapping for either of those purposes, I agree an army of pets can be unfair and no, facerolling isn't fun but as I said in my post i use it to ADAPT to my situation, how would you like it if you were an engineer using the bunker fabrication kit and you were doing well and then you come across a group of enemies who destroy you using your own stuff (Manus/Beccy in IGE for example), you'd want to change to a kit more suited to your situation right? but somebody came along and stopped you doing that because it didn't suit THEM that you were able to adapt to your situation...

Yes I sympathise with you, to a degree, as it is if I'm under fire i can't change and that can mean the difference between life or death for both me AND my team so I'm sorry but if it's a matter of you beam onto a map and you're no longer allowed to change your kit, that's unfair. I know you've mentioned engineers but nobody has mentioned science, should a science player be limited to a debuff kit because they didn't know the team would need a medic going into the map, I know for a fact the med kit is not useful for most of CGE but at the end it's the best weapon you can have.

In doing this you are penalising good players of 2 classes, I ask you now... Is THAT fair? is THAT right?
but you can still swap kits. The only difference is the stuff you spawned to deal with the other situation goes away when you unequip the kit that you used to spwan them.

How is that a problem if you are arguing that you've moved on to a new situation and now need to change kits to have the right equipment?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 PM.