Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit.
I was confused by this and had to ask some of my buddies why this is happening since most of the changes that are done are done without explaination. They said it's because of the PvP'ers.

Let me get this straight.. Me, the PvE player, is being penalized because of Pvp'ers crying too much about some kit swapping?? I don't play PvP on the 'professional' level. I might do it for fun with my fleet but that's about it. So now I can't swap my kits out like I usually do in PvE because of PvP'ers thinks it is unfair?

Why not just restrict Kit swapping and whatever else PvP'ers don't like to PvP only?? I mean Cryptic already restricts turrets and such when you're at starbase, So why not do something like that during PvP matches??

Cryptic, you want to fix it so that it doesn't happen in PvP fine. But why penalize us players who don't do PvP??
Career Officer
# 2
09-20-2012, 02:11 AM
although your argument about not being able to swap kits is a valid one. I have to disagree, if you're going to swap kits to keep the spawned items that your previous kit used so you can launch more items, that is completely wrong. I use one kit all of the time and it serves me well.

I'm not completely aware of the kit swapping issue but if the player is able to swap kits "mid-combat" that is an issue/bug and that needs to be fixed, I can't change kits mid battle. but if you're changing kits in non-combat thats fair but you shouldn't be able to keep the shield gens and other items you spawned with the kit you just removed, Tacs and Sci don't have many things they can spawn and they don't stay when you swap kits.

the PvP'ers are right to call this an issue, I played a ground 1v1 and the Engineer I battled managed to spawn all of his kit, then most probably swapped his kit and hid between 2 cover shields... <--- sorry but that IS an issue

RachelJ88
Captain
# 3
09-20-2012, 02:39 AM
While i do like engineering how it is, i can see why this is being 'fixed'

While i dont like the PVE repercussions its just one of those things we'll just have to get over, PVP its a godsend, (no more 1 man fortresses with a minefield to boot) but meh

Wonder if there will be a subsequent nerf/fix to tactical+sci kits which abilities linger after a kit change.

E.g. Will a sci's Nanite Heal monitor vanish when medic/borg analyzer is switched?
Career Officer
# 4
09-20-2012, 03:04 AM
elandarksky, I agree if Engineers are taking the nerf I'd like to see a subsequent nerf to tac and sci.

RachelJ88
Captain
# 5
09-20-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm really pissed about this one. Just because some people in the PvP complain about invulnerable 1-man-fortress-engineers (btw a game mode which the devs themselves stated that it "sucks" and "doesn't work") they take out a very viable attribute of the engineers kits. You mostly just keep your kit, but sometimes its very helpful to spawn a mortar and support drone while doing STFs in neutralization gear. Additionally, the pet kits are totally useless. You can spawn the pets but you can't do anything to keep them alive - you had to switch your kit for that.

Why not only add this "feature" to PvP maps?
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Lieutenant
# 6
09-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
elandarksky, I agree if Engineers are taking the nerf I'd like to see a subsequent nerf to tac and sci.

RachelJ88
This is agree with, it's nice to see this issue being addressed.

P:S to RachelJ88 are you doing a self vulcan mind meld?
Captain
# 7
09-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I find it annoying as I like to walk up to a turret in CGE lay down a turret and some gens to help- keep the team healthy then put the enemy neutralisation kit on and do my offensive thing but this makes that impossible, as they are doing this I think it reasonable that there should be a custom kit vendor so a player can make a kit that suits them, I don't use the forcefield gen on the bunker fabrication kit but I'd love to have the chroniton minefield from the enemy neutralisation kit (as I bought it for that 1 ability) or take one of the useless (to me) skills off the med kit for my science and put the biofilter sweep on it instead... buuut while that would be a convenience for engineers and science it would serve to make tactical even more nasty... and THEY are complaining about us...
Career Officer
# 8
09-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connortreeves67 View Post
This is agree with, it's nice to see this issue being addressed.

P:S to RachelJ88 are you doing a self vulcan mind meld?
LoL Connortreeves67 I'm sadly not giving myself a "self" vulcan mind meld, pushing my glasses forward to make them look really big lol.

I'm not exactly supporting the nerf for engineers but it was an issue, engineers can post their anger over the nerf all they want, swapping kits should never have originally kept the previous kits gear out whilst on a completely different kit.
I could imagine the theory behind the kits would be the kits have their intergrated systems set to running turrets, mortars, mines and other stuff changing kits would sever the link so it makes sense that gear placed should "dissapear" if not cease to function.

I'm science so I get agro all the time about being able to heal myself and tanking bad guys... well I'm sorry but I'm screwed in space... sci have taken tons of nerfs when engineers get a nerf that makes sense they go ape!

RachelJ88

Edit *to Adamkafei* - " I cannot wait for the custom kit vendor I just hope that its not just for cosmetic appearence."

Last edited by rachelj88; 09-20-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Commander
# 9
09-20-2012, 07:27 AM
All kits should be wiping all active abilities associated with them when removed, be they Engineer, Science, or Tactical. If the game had been intended for you to have active a plethora of powers beyond the 4 granted by your kit, those powers should have been built into the kit in the first place.

Last edited by corsair114; 09-20-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
While i do like engineering how it is, i can see why this is being 'fixed'

While i dont like the PVE repercussions its just one of those things we'll just have to get over, PVP its a godsend, (no more 1 man fortresses with a minefield to boot) but meh

Wonder if there will be a subsequent nerf/fix to tactical+sci kits which abilities linger after a kit change.

E.g. Will a sci's Nanite Heal monitor vanish when medic/borg analyzer is switched?
Again, I could care less about PvP. i don't play PvP on a level where I would have to cry about the engineer kit swapping is unfair. Its not like the odds are uneven if everyone can swap out. If they want to make changes to the PvP realm then do so. But why punish the PvE realm? I don't see a petition from the Borg complaining about it.