Career Officer
# 1 PVP is all luck I quit! *RAGE*
09-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Anyways......

Made another video......

Before the link.....would like to take this space here>>> to thank all of the lovely PVP people and personalities that make this possible. Except Mr Terky. He was really really mean.

And I said "Hello" to him too. Just mean.

But everyone else was great. Well except the ones of you that kept shooting at me. I thought we discussed this?

Oh and Hi Hannah! Hi Ross! And E'lash and Deadpool and Krusti, and Krackic! and and....this Ming the Merciless guy. COOOOLEST frakking ship name ever! Every time i saw him this is all i could hear in my damn head.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE

Ming, you are my new hero.

And Simon Phoenix! My evil nemesis! Good to see you in game again, really glad you didn't get to shoot me. Somehow all the video I had of you blowing me up got deleted.

Funny how that works, innit?

Anyways. About the video. This video is a bit longer. The sequences themselves are also longer than usual. This was to allow for a bit more time to show what is going on in the set up for an Alpha from a BOP. Did I mention there would be a BOP in the video? Well there is. A tactical one.

So, you can gather that this video is a bit about what makes for a successful Alpha, and what does not. From both points of view.

Even if you don't consider yourself new to PVP, this video (and indeed, several of the more specialized ones on my channel) may give you some insight into how dreadfully easy it is to slip up. And what can happen when you do make a boo boo.

So watch the video. You get to see some great stuff. Well, great if you think people blowing up totally unexpectedly is great. If not, take a pass on this.

No but really it is worth a watch. There are some good shots of players running very good defenses. Granted this video is slanted towards looking for weakness in those defenses, but the knowing what these are will aid the defender also.

We all know PVP is 'easy'. Easier said then done is more like it. In the video you will see a carrier flown by MTGalron taking huge heaps of fire for a loooooong time. Don't fall asleep. You'll get to see a LOT of defense going on there. Seems simple to do, but not easy. If it was easy you'd see a LOT more of it.

Keep in mind, if you want some PVP advice, assist, or for the love of all that's holy SOMEONE to TEAM with please join the OPVP channel in game and talk to the folks in there. I'm sure the Sad Panda Cubs are still in business and that is a good way to get started Fed side.

Cheers and Happy Flying!

PS:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVMpshDA98&feature=plcp

There's the video.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-20-2012, 09:12 PM
oh boy this is a long one, looks good so far. a little thick with that thissler charm, but also educational.

oh and in before the lock, before it gets slapped by a 'no i quit threads' lock. this is not and i quit thread though guys

got to the ending, bravo! seeing one of those ultra tanks flattened in a single second is very satisfying
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 09-20-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2012, 09:27 PM
So you hide in cloak till you have all your Tac abilities off cooldown, Alpha strike then run away and hide till your off cooldown agian?
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knocky View Post
So you hide in cloak till you have all your Tac abilities off cooldown, Alpha strike then run away and hide till your off cooldown agian?
that is quite literally the point of the bop. doing anything less is feeding the enemy team kills, and doing it wrong.
Banned
# 5
09-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that is quite literally the point of the bop. doing anything less is feeding the enemy team kills, and doing it wrong.
Screw that noise. The only place a proper tac has on the kdf is the karfi, Fleet vorcha, and raptor/goomba or death pirhana. BOPs are sci ships as far as I'm concerned.
Commander
# 6
09-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Coulda swore I commented on that vid. o.O

Anywho, thanks for the fine entertainment, Thiss!
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Screw that noise. The only place a proper tac has on the kdf is the karfi, Fleet vorcha, and raptor/goomba or death pirhana. BOPs are sci ships as far as I'm concerned.
oh, i think a bug just impacted my windshield. i think it tried to debuff me, but i cant be sure, it was only visible for a second
Career Officer
# 8
09-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Nah, BoPs can be tacticals or science, just not engineers.

Nice contrast between the difficulty of killing a faceroller vs. a Panda, though it did seem like Galron was double or triple teamed the entire time. In those situations, it's really only a matter of time before you kick the bucket.

Second kill was really nice though. Came down to a fraction of a second. You can even see the tactical team coming up as he's exploding

Oh, and you should turn your music off in-game. Both because you're putting other music on top of your videos, and because it lets you hear things better in game and get more situational awareness. The easiest way to defeat a cloaked alpha strike is to hear it coming.

Last edited by hurleybird; 09-21-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Captain
# 9
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Yep. BoPs either serve this role, or they serve as makeshift sci ships. It's possible to tank in a BoP, but then you're doing it wrong.
Commander
# 10
09-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knocky View Post
Makes for good videos, doesn't it?