Lt. Commander
# 1 Tuffli feighter question
09-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Seems like i remember reading somewhere where other people can use the Tuffli like my friends. I guess its by invite only right? I was hoping they could without me but so far i can only get them there by sending a bridge invite but at least i can leave and it doesn't boot them off.It might be a fleet thing and as i'm not in one, other can't use it while i'm offline.Today i might try switching to another one of my ships while ones onboard and see if my he can still access exchange,craft build etc. while i'm in another sector.I take it that when he beams out, the freighter will disapear.Also, is they're any point of putting shields and weapons on it if i'm not going into battle with it? Couldn't find my answers about the Tuffli freighter on star trek wiki.I ask because if they can't have access to it, they may buy another one off the exchange.
Also i noticed when i went to craft on it, i didnt see anyone to buy the common and uncommon materials from like the research supply vendor guy James Tolliver on memory alpha.Only from the exchange console onboard which sell uncommon for around 100,000 ec and common around 2,000 ec.I guess i just stock up on these before crafting? thanks for any added info on the freighter.

Last edited by possumlips; 09-22-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: added another question
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Bridges and interiors are private, so it's by invite only, they can't just pop in and use your stuff.

I would be interested to see if switching ships kicks them out, though.
Captain
# 3
09-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Bridges and interiors are private, so it's by invite only, they can't just pop in and use your stuff.

I would be interested to see if switching ships kicks them out, though.
As to whether player are kicked out or not would depends on how the instance is set up. I think the default behavior for most instance is to persist for minutes after the last player exists. I have no reason to think that Bridge instances would be any different.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I can leave after setting another ship as current and the person left behind still has access to all the ship which is good. I found out the ship is listed on my "small craft" list in engineering area by transporter so no need to visit ship yard.Just visit my bridge when one of my friends PM me wanting to use the Tuffli,invite them, then pick any of my other ships from my bridge officer and go back to whatever i was doing.I like bypassing the shipyard at Earth Spacedock.It even warps me close to my destination! I wish they would do a update to include a research supply vendor to the frieghter tho.Thanks for the help guys!
Career Officer
# 5
09-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by possumlips View Post
Seems like i remember reading somewhere where other people can use the Tuffli like my friends. I guess its by invite only right? I was hoping they could without me but so far i can only get them there by sending a bridge invite but at least i can leave and it doesn't boot them off.It might be a fleet thing and as i'm not in one, other can't use it while i'm offline.Today i might try switching to another one of my ships while ones onboard and see if my he can still access exchange,craft build etc. while i'm in another sector.I take it that when he beams out, the freighter will disapear.Also, is they're any point of putting shields and weapons on it if i'm not going into battle with it? Couldn't find my answers about the Tuffli freighter on star trek wiki.I ask because if they can't have access to it, they may buy another one off the exchange.thanks for any added info on the freighter.
You can only invite people to your bridge when you are on it. To my knowledge there is no way they can come aboard if you are not there. It has nothing to do with being in a fleet. Once you log out your ship (which is actually you in a ship costume) will disappear. Wouldn't it be marvelous to be able to leave your freighter available at the starbase for anyone to use! However that will soon fill sector space with unmanned ships and crash the servers.
Career Officer
# 6
09-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by possumlips View Post
Also i noticed when i went to craft on it, i didnt see anyone to buy the common and uncommon materials from like the rearch supply vendor guy James Tolliver on memory alpha.Only from the exchange console onboard which sell uncommon for around 100 ec and commo
You can buy the unreplicateable crafting materials from anywhere in the game through the dilithium store.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
You can buy the unreplicateable crafting materials from anywhere in the game through the dilithium store.
i didn't know that,thanks! also sorry about bad type.I need to start proof reading.My keys are starting to stick on my keyboard.Time for a new one.