Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

Last edited by kalecto; 09-23-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-22-2012, 07:00 AM
If it bugs you that much, you can always report the people for artificially increasing their post count, witch is in violation of the forum rules.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lieutenant
# 3
09-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
If it bugs you that much, you can always report the people for artificially increasing their post count, witch is in violation of the forum rules.
Not a bad idea.
Career Officer
# 4
09-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Three problems here:

1) Threads against specific persons are not nice.

2) Zero didn't make the thread, friends did. Zero hardly even posts in it.

3) The stated purpose of this forum: "Introduce yourself, share fan art, fan fiction, role play, and make friends here! Romulan Ale is still prohibited."
I miss my _.
Captain
# 5
09-22-2012, 10:12 PM
So the Deferi are cowards, now they're braggarts and jerks?

Horty's right, even though Cappy and Zero have threads named after them, it's mostly other people that post in them. You want a thread named after you?

Be awesomeness.

Threads against specific people (Particularly a friend of a lot of us) is not awesome.

Now watch this thread fade in to obscurity. Cause if it doesn't I'll get a mod to lock it. Heh heh heh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
So the Deferi are cowards, now they're braggarts and jerks?
I must say, I was not aware of this thread and Briitta's irritation over the captain zero thread, but I was made aware of comments about the Deferi, so I did have to have a look.

The measure of a man is truly taken when we see how he responds when things don't go his way.

And in your case, it turns out that biggotry and playing a racial card is how you respond.

It does not become you and I find it very unbalanced. That is all I have to add to this thread.
Lieutenant
# 7
09-23-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
Three problems here:

1) Threads against specific persons are not nice.

2) Zero didn't make the thread, friends did. Zero hardly even posts in it.

3) The stated purpose of this forum: "Introduce yourself, share fan art, fan fiction, role play, and make friends here! Romulan Ale is still prohibited."

In response (I will not respond to centersolace, insults and threats get you nowhere).

1) The thread is named after Captain Zero in a big way, so he/she was who I commented on, as being responsible for it. But I meant the Borg thing in jest, and maybe I shouldn't have said that. I do not mean to speak out against his/her person, I apologise if it seemed this way.

2) Captain Zero posts in it all the time. If you run through the thread you will see this too. But that's not the point, it's about the thread, not him/her.

3) In the rules you state, which category does this thread fill? Introduced you already are. It has little to nothing to do with STO, Star Trek etc. No role play either. So it must be: make friends? But you all are obviously already friends, in fact, if I read back, I get the impression most of you live in the same town. So not much friend making either.

For a fact. The thread has now 1.775 postings by the same 8 characters. That is on average 221 postings per person. Although of this group of 8, a few post the most.

These are your last three postings:
> How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck can chuck wood? (Captain Zero)
> Depends on the size of the woorchuck I would assume? (centersolace)
> Who needs woodchucks when you can have beavers?! We've got plenty up here, so help yourself. (jcsww)

And these are just your last three postings! Thousands of postings before this are just the same. Maybe the thread started out as a friend making/introduction thing, that is fine, but it just has run its course. Thousands of people read these forums, and they hope to see something that has anything to do with STO. It is a STO forum after all.

There are plenty of really good media out there to continue this thread. Like Twitter, Facebook etc. So maybe it's time that the 8 of you call it a day, stop bumping this thread to the top of ten forward all the time, and continue it elsewhere. So there is room for more STO subjects on the first page of the forum, where most people look. It will make the forum more interesting for more people, and you can help in that!

And as Anazonda pointed out, your thread, filled with incredibly short postings irrelevant to STO, seems to look more like a means for artificially increasing your post count. And that's just not right.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-23-2012, 02:43 AM
I'd have to agree that this is a non issue. 10f if for posting whatever you want to talk about for whatever reason. if they choose to talk about burgers and beavers thats their buisness.

The questions you should ask are
1)Is it hurting anyone?
2)Is it hurting me?
3)Am I required to read it?
4)why shoild I care?

I mean the capulet thread has been around for like 3 years now. And it startred with a question about tribbles and breasts. Why not complain about that one? I mean if it's posts counts in directionless threads that bug you, that one has like 11,000.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...hlight=capulet
So I ask the question. Why did you single this one out?
Career Officer
# 9
09-23-2012, 10:52 AM
For the record, I am the one who started the Captain_Zero is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread. This person has contributed a lot of the community as a whole. Your thread is hateful, ignorant, and plainly rude! Threads and people fueling this kind of behavior should not be welcome on these boards, period!

Edit: If this is the kind of message Cryptic/PWE wants to allow as a thanks to players who have supposed this game before it even hit beta. You might as well just tell us you don't want us playing or contributing money to this game (and I put in a decent amount of money into this game) and we will gladly take our business elsewhere!

Last edited by jcsww; 09-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
09-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
For the record, I am the one who started the Captain_Zero is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread. This person has contributed a lot of the cummunity as a whole. Your thread is hateful, ignorant, and plainly rude! Threads and people fueling this kind of behavior should not be welcome on these boards, period!
EDIT: I don't know or care who Captain_Zero is, but the thread isn't doing any harm. It's been there for as long as I can remember. Considering it's still open, the mods don't seem to have a problem with it. Just leave it be.
@HyperLimited

Last edited by hypl; 09-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Closed Thread