Lieutenant
I was wondering if this will ever be possible. I know we have 'liberated' borg but there not really fun since would love to play ground combat where I can assimilate others. Plus I'd love to fly the Borg ships since I love the designs, maybe it could lead to explaining more about how 'vger' was assimilated or how the Borg have recovered from the civil war, maybe more about the 'queens' origins, etc....
Career Officer
# 2
09-22-2012, 10:16 AM
I will only accept a playable Borg faction if their movement is restricted to walking, but 'assimilate colony 'X' sounds fun.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Yep colony x is the sort of thing I'd love to do since always been a fan of the assimilating method like in star trek armada where I assimilated all the ships in free for alll with 1 ship each. I don't mind them not running as long as I can adapt to shields.lol

If they got the Borg faction then they could create a complete new set of places where we could explore, in open space this could lead to conflicts where we can assimilate ships. Maybe make them weaker, minimize how many ships we can assimilate, give them a certain amount of health, this could lead the players an option to to assimilate other ships or replace a new assimilated ship with one you don't want anymore.

I was thinking about this idea because then the idea could be similar to the federation, klinks where you could have 4 ships each but only use the ships you have stored already. Maybe use a similar technique similar to legacy where you can only use certain types of ships. An example you could use the best ship in the game but only use commander support ships. This would mean battles like Borg invasions could be more realistic since there's no possible way a tactical cube should be defeated by 4 players with only 4 ships.
Career Officer
# 4
09-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Would be interesting... But since they gave borg to lifers, if they did the faction for its ubber popularity.. I think it should remain as a lifetime perk, get more people to sign into it.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Lieutenant
# 5
09-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Would be interesting... But since they gave borg to lifers, if they did the faction for its ubber popularity.. I think it should remain as a lifetime perk, get more people to sign into it.
Actually that was a 'liberated borg', not the proper Borg which is why you can't assimilate anyone, personally I don't think that's worth it paying that much money for a lifetime perk.

I don't deny the popularity would be high but only if they got the interface right because I didn't like the red colors on the klink side which don't look right. It was the 'Borg' faction that I wanted from the start, been asking for it since the original testing and it be something different from the usual Klink/Fed perspective since played those factions to death.
Ensign
# 6
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
A Borg faction sounds cool, but wouldn't really work in-game.

How would you play if you had no individuality? Would the game "force" missions upon you and "force" you to complete them in a perfect way? How would you fly your ship if the collective controls their ships?

In order to create a Borg faction STO would either need to totally break Trek canon and invent some way that Borg have individuality or create a faction that you have to follow every single thing the collective tells you or you self destruct and end up saying "This game is not fun".
Star Trek: Lockbox

Kirk: Scotty, Stuff that 2 million ton D'kora into the Lockbox or else STO fails.
Scotty: I canna change the laws of physics!!!!!!
Kirk: Of course you can you're a miracle worker.
Career Officer
# 7
09-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoforce42 View Post
I was wondering if this will ever be possible. I know we have 'liberated' borg but there not really fun since would love to play ground combat where I can assimilate others. Plus I'd love to fly the Borg ships since I love the designs, maybe it could lead to explaining more about how 'vger' was assimilated or how the Borg have recovered from the civil war, maybe more about the 'queens' origins, etc....
I'd say playable borg faction isn't very likely, atleast within the next ten or twenty years (if sto lasts that long)

But i can guarantee you'll be seeing borg cubes in lockboxes soon.
Joined August 2008

Last edited by cormoran; 09-24-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Captain
# 8
09-24-2012, 07:34 PM
A few months ago I wrote up a basic plan for making a viable monster play Borg faction. I'll go dig up the thread and paste it here, because without much effort a playable Borg might be possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 9
09-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Yes this would be cool but would not work in many many way's Mostly be cause Life subs all ready have a Liberated Borg Officer.First you guys where stuck on the Romulan's.

No we do not need a Borg Faction mostly be cause it would be point less.I have enough of a hard time keeping up with the KDF and Fed's if they come out with another Faction it will make it three times harder to keep up with 3 Faction's.

But yes we do need some thing new But it will not be Borg.The Borg are all ready Nerfed as it is.We do not need a Nerfed Faction.
Career Officer
# 10
03-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Wait... playable borg?

Thats some kind of weard joke, that I don't understand right?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports