Lieutenant
Looked thru the Forums before asking this (may have over-looked it)

Anyway, whats up with ESD? Logged on, beamed into ESD to grab some things, and noticed big Plasma Fires in and around the Transporter Room, all the way to Admiral Quin's Office. The Admiral himself was sitting OUTSIDE his office...
Was just curious about that
Rihannsu
# 2
09-29-2012, 07:07 PM
ESD has recently come under attack by rogue Klingon assault teams. I suspect a breach of Starfleet Security to be responsible, perhaps the Klingons have stolen a shipment of transwarp coils.

On a serious note, there've been a few cases of this in the past few days, it seems that Klingon players have found some new way of reaching ESD. Cryptic has a habit of "accidentally" giving new KDF ships the "Transwarp to ESD" power, instead of the proper "transwarp to Qo'noS" power whenever a new KDF ship is released. I suspect that this happened to one of the new lockbox ships.
Commander
# 3
09-30-2012, 01:55 AM
I think this is hilarious. Such "raids" should form a permanent feature of the game. I can't wait to raid the Klingon homeworld ;-)
Career Officer
# 4
09-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
I think this is hilarious. Such "raids" should form a permanent feature of the game. I can't wait to raid the Klingon homeworld ;-)
As long as it doesn't affect mission giving NPC's or other NPC's with key functions.
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim View Post
As long as it doesn't affect mission giving NPC's or other NPC's with key functions.
Luckily, when it happens it's usually only in one instance. These days most social zones have mutliple instances, so you can change to get away from one that's missing NPCs.
Career Officer
# 6
09-30-2012, 09:21 AM
New players may not know how to change instances and stop playing because they can't continue after the tutorial because they can't find Quinn.
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Captain
# 7
10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Luckily, when it happens it's usually only in one instance. These days most social zones have mutliple instances, so you can change to get away from one that's missing NPCs.
This happened just the other day and it affected ALL INSTANCES. I was that there was a guy exploiting a bug in Quinn (I won't tell how.) There are some reports that Klingons are doing this - he was NOT KLINGON (wearing uniforms only available to the Fed chars) and was exploiting a bug in the name of showing Cryptic that he was mad that they had not fix this problem... I told him to just reporting and not ruin everyone elses fun. He refuses to stop, so I reported him to Cryptic, hopefully they will "fix" the problem with him.

Just because there is a bug, if you really love the game, don't exploit it, otherwise leave. You just confuse new players and make others mad. You may say "So what they get mad...?" or "so what is they are confused for a while...?" If this causes players to stop continuing playing STO, this can cause a critical loss of revenue and affect the future of STO.

Yes there are bugs (ALL software has bugs) that may have been there for too long, but don't make the problem worse! If I had been a new player and figured that this is the kind of people that play STO... I might not want to come back. Fortunately I have been playing for a while and have not seen to much of this behavior, so I continue.
Captain
While I like many others can enjoy a laugh or two finding Admiral Quinn in Club 47 and Sulu at the bank, the spam about it is getting VERY old.

Please close whatever loophole people are using to aggro these NPC's or crank these NPC's so they can one shot the people who are aggroing them.

I for one would love to hear the *****ing about how Quinn one shotted someone who was trying to be a wise*** by kiting him to the transporter room.
Captain
# 9
09-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Finally we have a capital sector assault. This is how a war should be like!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Rihannsu
# 10
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I remember a youtube video, from the first time this happened, where a player assassinated Sugihara and Quinn avenged the ambassador with a one shot kill on the assasin