Career Officer
Cryptic, it's long overdue that you properly fixed Rebecca's Room so that it's not an infuriating task to recover from the Plasma in most areas. And players wracking up severe injuries to the point that they can't recover easily with regenerators saved in the bank.

Lower the Pipes!

Add somekind of counter that prevents injuries within 10 seconds after being revived, so that people don't end up with a dozen injuries trying to get to safety.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-30-2012, 04:36 PM
or u could just press space bar so u dont fall into the plasma. its quite rare to find people smart enough to figure it out.

i have even seen people die on prupose so that they hit resapwn and stand out side while the team does it for them.

this i hate more than players that cant press space bar. wanting to be carried though everything.
Captain
# 3
09-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
or u could just press space bar so u dont fall into the plasma. its quite rare to find people smart enough to figure it out.

i have even seen people die on prupose so that they hit resapwn and stand out side while the team does it for them.

this i hate more than players that cant press space bar. wanting to be carried though everything.
funny, I usually get offed these days AFTER Rebecca comes out to play. Found that respawning and tossing Team Buffs distracts her toward the door, which lets my teammates get a few shots more in toward dropping her crazy ass.

but, for the plasma issue... Take "Centre" and play fire-support while your team does the room-dash to the consoles, then stand by and get the generator when the shield drops. You avoid having to fall in the Plasma because the best jumpers are in motion, nobody has to stop and try to heal you because you fell into the plasma, and you can draw aggro off the rest one-angle-at-a-time. Stay away from Area effects and focus your shooting, and you'll be more use than another body hopping over gaps less ably than the guys with the ferret reflexes.

Remember, STF is NOT for Captain Kirks out there,it's a team game, and if you find a niche that isn't covered, you're more of an asset than the guy who tries doing it ALL by himself like some kind of rockstar.
Captain
# 4
09-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Hear hear to the previous post. The irony is that I almost never die until after Manus has decided she's had enough of us. The only reason that I don't complete IGEs is due to morons who either A) Can't figure out what to do, or B) Fall into the plasma and then cry and makes the team rage-quit.

But in all honesty, you just gotta learn where to run, and jump. It's basically like halo only you can't jump as high. But at least you get a 3rd person or OTS view which makes it almost stupidly easy to get the jumps down.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
# 5
09-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Yea... it's not broken. I want them to fix bugs and game breaking gameplay issues, not make the game easier. The idea is that you take care not to fall in which is why you respawn OUTSIDE when you die. If the pipes were lower, it would too easy and lets be honest, it's so easy not to fall in, that when you do, you feel quite silly - especially if you happen to be wearing the MACO costume...

You can already cross half the room jumping around in the plasma while spamming medic kit and hypos as it is. What is basically being proposed is that we get rid of the plasma...

'No' is my opinion.
Career Officer
# 6
10-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Walking someone to the ramp is always a pain, but as long as that insta-death glitch doesn't come back, it's possible. I don't have a problem with jumping, my only problem is the respawn rate on the Borg in that room is so fast. Unless you can put the witch down FAST you're facing a whole room full of nasties while she flies around and picks you off one by one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that