Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
# 1 Luna Class in general...
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey all Sean here the designer of the Luna Class/Titan. I understand the pressures the devs here have on their plates with the ships. I just have never been happy with the way they represented the Luna in the game. I can handle the little details, but what really really ticks me off is the sensor pod and it's deflector that is installed on it.

The sensor pod does not have a deflector dish on never did never wanted.
As for other details they are minor, and I was going to get capt Logan all the detailed
images of the Luna for rework before he left. Since then I have tried contacting people at cryptic to get them the images but no one has.


As most of you know I also developed a Mirror Universe version of the Titan a while back, and when I saw what they were calling a Mirror Luna for the game I had really got ticked off. I designed a way better version that they could of used all they need to do is ask and I would of been more than happy to let them have it.

I have always been open to letting more of my design go into the game if they wanted.

Oh well off my soap box. Thanks for all of your support.

Here are some Links to my I.S.S. Titan and other Mirror Universe Creations Feel free to take a look.

http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/#/d3116pd
Mirror Universe Art - http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/445971
Commissions - http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/7624222
Titan Images - http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/445973

And the Titan Shipyards - http://hammerheadgraphics.iwarp.com/TitanShipyards/


Enjoy,

Sean
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 2
09-30-2012, 05:27 PM
I agree completely, i second that notion. Well, before the departure of Adam he was working on several ships that needed overhaul but now we are no longer see the need to fix these models.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 202
# 3
09-30-2012, 05:38 PM
The Luna class starship is a beaty. Thank you for designing the Titan, Sean!

Also, the Imperial Starfleet ships in-game are, cosmetically, the same ships as their regular counterparts, just with an "I.S.S." and yellow markings. If Cryptic would adopt your Mirror Luna, it would stand out with its special pod and red markings. Not to say that's a bad thing, though. And it could provide additional options.
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
# 4
09-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post
The Luna class starship is a beaty. Thank you for designing the Titan, Sean!

Also, the Imperial Starfleet ships in-game are, cosmetically, the same ships as their regular counterparts, just with an "I.S.S." and yellow markings. If Cryptic would adopt your Mirror Luna, it would stand out with its special pod and red markings. Not to say that's a bad thing, though. And it could provide additional options.
Thanks,

With my version of the ISS Titan you would also get a multi vector mode which the U.S.S. does not have and the Sensor Pod was replaced with two weapons pods. She has a lot more teeth so to speak than the USS version.

I know no budget or time for this but that is what you would of had with my design.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 294
# 5
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
They aren't going to spend the money and development time in designing a WHOLE NEW model for a mirror Luna when they can just do what they've done w/ every other mirror ship in game and simply retexture the old one. The legal hassle between CBS & PWE to get the new model in game alone wouldn't be worth it. Then there's the ripple effect, because if the Luna gets a new model for it's mirror counterpart, people will want a new model of all the other mirror ships.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 6
09-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
They aren't going to spend the money and development time in designing a WHOLE NEW model for a mirror Luna when they can just do what they've done w/ every other mirror ship in game and simply retexture the old one. The legal hassle between CBS & PWE to get the new model in game alone wouldn't be worth it. Then there's the ripple effect, because if the Luna gets a new model for it's mirror counterpart, people will want a new model of all the other mirror ships.
So you're saying that, additional work for Cryptic is a BAD thing? As is, they take the "easy way out" more often than not.

Honestly, as the designer of the Luna Class, I hope Sean Tourangeau takes legal action against Cryptic/PW for bastardizing his designs.

Last edited by meurik; 09-30-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 606
# 7
10-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post
The Luna class starship is a beaty. Thank you for designing the Titan, Sean!

Also, the Imperial Starfleet ships in-game are, cosmetically, the same ships as their regular counterparts, just with an "I.S.S." and yellow markings. If Cryptic would adopt your Mirror Luna, it would stand out with its special pod and red markings. Not to say that's a bad thing, though. And it could provide additional options.
Tbh, I think they should replace all Terran ships and base new ones on existing designs that Sean made (provided he actually allows them to do such a thing off course), his work looks far superior to any Terran ships we have in game.

In any case, I was also disappointed when I saw the Terran Luna, especially so when I saw Sean compare it to his own on DA.

Last edited by lucianazeta; 10-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 911
# 8
10-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Even if an STO ship artist were permitted (remember, it isn't up to them) time to re-create the Luna from scratch, would it necessarily come out with better quality than what we see currently? I honestly don't know.

The only reason for the game's Producer to even consider making that time available now is due to the Fleet versions of older models now being available. Since endgame player's really can look at their favorite starship for far longer.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 9
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Even if an STO ship artist were permitted (remember, it isn't up to them) time to re-create the Luna from scratch, would it necessarily come out with better quality than what we see currently? I honestly don't know.

The only reason for the game's Producer to even consider making that time available now is due to the Fleet versions of older models now being available. Since endgame player's really can look at their favorite starship for far longer.
Bolded for emphasis. Given that the idea is that we as players should congregate around "large fleets" and buying Fleet Ships, it makes complete sense to bring the older ship classes up to a higher standard, since we'll be flying them alot more (as Fleet Retrofits).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,315
# 10
10-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourangeau001 View Post
Hey all Sean here the designer of the Luna Class/Titan. I understand the pressures the devs here have on their plates with the ships. I just have never been happy with the way they represented the Luna in the game. I can handle the little details, but what really really ticks me off is the sensor pod and it's deflector that is installed on it.

The sensor pod does not have a deflector dish on never did never wanted.
As for other details they are minor, and I was going to get capt Logan all the detailed
images of the Luna for rework before he left. Since then I have tried contacting people at cryptic to get them the images but no one has.

As most of you know I also developed a Mirror Universe version of the Titan a while back, and when I saw what they were calling a Mirror Luna for the game I had really got ticked off. I designed a way better version that they could of used all they need to do is ask and I would of been more than happy to let them have it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21&postcount=9

With respect.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.