Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
The first city "redirect" as it is called has been around for years.

When in orbit or in the KDF acdemey and you click to beam to First city you end up 1/4 of the time in the shipyard.

I know it's not a big thing - but if it showed up in the next patch i am sure many KDf fans would be thrilled and still believe that you are doing something with the KDF

Thx

Last edited by levi3; 10-01-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
The bug isn't limited to going just down, going up from the academy or changing around anywhere sends you somewhere else. I just went from the academy to sector space and ended up on the First City.

I've gone to the academy from the First City and ended up in the Shipyard a few times as well.
Captain
# 3
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Watch the hair color of the transporter officer- if it's white then your at the shipyard.

It's more than a nuisance when your trying to do the tour of the universe, and the transporter is sending you all over hells half-acre. More money lost. But you'll notice the devs are desperate to fix the bug allowing KDF onto ESD (where they sack the base, and kill Adm Quinn).
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 4
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM
they don't actually kill Quinn. they just relocate him to someplace peeps can't easily find him.

and they don't actually get anything aside form amusement.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Not a simple bug to fix in my estimation. Qo'Nos and shipyard appear to be on the same map with the view restricted on the graphic map to just one section or the other(which is why you can talk to people on Qo'Nos from the shipyard). Which likely means that whenever the map move can't spawn you at the Qo'Nos transporter, it looks around for another spawn point, and finds that the Shipyard spawn point is free and moves you there. Based on what I've seen talked about with the code base of this game, it'd likely take a major overhaul of the map move/spawn code to fix this minor inconvenience.
Captain
# 6
10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Not a simple bug to fix in my estimation. Qo'Nos and shipyard appear to be on the same map with the view restricted on the graphic map to just one section or the other(which is why you can talk to people on Qo'Nos from the shipyard). Which likely means that whenever the map move can't spawn you at the Qo'Nos transporter, it looks around for another spawn point, and finds that the Shipyard spawn point is free and moves you there. Based on what I've seen talked about with the code base of this game, it'd likely take a major overhaul of the map move/spawn code to fix this minor inconvenience.
Like someone said it's not "minor" if you are doing tour and keep getting redirected. And since you can instantly beam back once you say - crap! - to first city without problems why would it not redirect you to the acdemey if the first city spawn was still not availible?
Career Officer
# 7
10-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
I seriously doubt they're on the same map.
When you are, like on your on ship interior or the Fleet Starbase for example, there is no zoning (loading screen) when you switch between two places.
When you switch between the shipyard ant the First City, there's always a loading phase between them.
Captain
# 8
10-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Well not this week Dev's - how about next week?? Dan keeps saying that the KDF is not forgotten - it would be nice to see something that effects all KDF players get fixed to show that this is true.

thx