Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Foundry Costume Editor Revamp
10-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Due to the trouble that authors have to go through if they wish to reuse a custom character or if they wish to use one of their playable characters or bridge officers, the Foundry's costume editor could really stand to use some changes. It also doesn't help that it's set up differently from the normal costume editor with no numbers on the sliders for ground characters.

What I propose is this: replace the Foundry's costume editor with the one from the rest of the game, so that authors can have an easier time with making, as well as reusing costumes. I'm not asking for this "now now now or I quit", as I know this kind of change would take time, but I do want to make sure that players at least have the ability to save and load costumes in the Foundry's costume editor.

If the Foundry used the same costume editor as in the rest of the game, there would no longer be any guesswork when making ground character costumes from scratch or based on existing characters belonging to the author. They could even share costumes with other authors the same way that players can share costumes with each other for normally.

Additionally, it should also help the limited costume assets problem, as all of a player's costume unlocks for both space and ground would be available if the Foundry used the standard costume editor used in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Seconded. The in-game costume editor is much easier to use.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 3
10-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Thirded. We should also be able to upload our saved costumes.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Career Officer
# 4
10-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes, the costume editor is really lacking. Simply adding some hash marks to the sliders would be an improvement. And the ability to save and load costumes is a must.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-04-2012, 08:23 AM
As much as I would support this, I have higher desires for the costume editor than just the in game one. Yeah, it would be a good start, but I want to be able to customize the face and clothing of a Romulan, a Founder, a Jem Hadar, a Tholian even.

Well maybe not a Tholian but you know.

At this point we're expected to make stories and work with pre-customized alien villains. It's ludicrous.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Tholian doesn't give a s--t about costume editors.

lol

Seriously though, i agree it'd be great to have some more factions in there.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
As much as I would support this, I have higher desires for the costume editor than just the in game one. Yeah, it would be a good start, but I want to be able to customize the face and clothing of a Romulan, a Founder, a Jem Hadar, a Tholian even.

Well maybe not a Tholian but you know.

At this point we're expected to make stories and work with pre-customized alien villains. It's ludicrous.
Yes, in fact, I don't think faction should play into it at all. You should have access to every faction in the game in the Foundry's costume editor, not just playable ones. That goes for starships as well as ground characters.
Captain
# 8
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I too would like to see what the OP is suggesting as well, and I also like the idea of having all faction costumes available for customisation.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots