Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,757
# 1 Borg Vs Daleks
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Something I thought about the other day, and pretty much immediately came up with an answer to, but wondered if anyone else would share my opinion...

A Dalek's extermination ray would probably kill a drone or two, but their shields would soon adapt, as it's an energy weapon (with apparently one setting) So that would be advantage Borg. However. I don't think that the Borg would view Dalek (either creature or technology) as actually worth assimilating (wouldn't give them anything they don't already have) so I think the Borg would simply destroy the Daleks rather than wasting the resources for assimilation...

What do you think? Yay or nay?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 718
# 2
10-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd still put my money on the Daleks. They're genetically engineered geniuses, dedicated to the sole purpose of destroying everything that isn't Dalek. Sure, the Borg adaptation might throw them a curve ball early on, but I doubt it would be long before the Daleks came up with some sort of remodulation device, or rolled out new weapons. It would be somewhat of the unstoppable force hitting the immovable object though, if those two came into contact with each other!

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
# 3
10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I'd say the Borg would want to assimilate the Daleks. There's a number of technologies that they have that the Borg would consider worthwhile. Their shield technology is at least worth a look at, and their antigravity may very well be too. But most likely their command of time, space and dimensions is the biggest boon the Borg would want. Sure, the Borg already have time travel technology, but it seems to be rather basic compared to the Dalek's. Not to mention there's the times when Daleks have been in the void between universes. Their knowledge about Time Lord technology alone could warrant assimilation. A little box full of millions of drones sounds like a great incursion device, and knowledge of the shielding the Tardis uses and how to counteract it would be considered worthwhile knowledge. Even their biology is probably unique enough to warrant assimilation. If they consider Ferengi worthwhile targets for their resistance to telepathic probes, they'd consider the Daleks worthwhile for their telepathic network.

As to who would win in an all out war, I dare say it might simply break down to another all out time war should a Borg drone get to assimilate a Dalek, which would then give them access to the entire Dalek network. Otherwise it'd likely just end with the Dalek's trying to delete the Borg from time once it becomes clear that the Borg keep adapting to their weapons. Or building another Cruicible.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,963
# 4
10-06-2012, 02:24 AM
here is your answer

http://www.fpusadailyplanet.com/wp-c..._Woodward2.jpg

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,936
# 5
10-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Borgleks
Daleks have a huge time travel advantage over Borg. Borg have used time travel but Daleks where winning the time war against the bloody TIME Lords.

Temporal Lock Box ultra rare reword, insane Dalek Caan DOFF.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,757
# 6
10-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Awesome feedback, folks Have to admit, I'd rather overlooked those things that might make a Dalek prove worthy of assimilation I do think that if things were to hit the fan, it would indeed be the unstoppable force against the immovable object, and while the Borg could simply assimilate more troops, the Dalek's time travelling shenanigans could indeed be the winning stratagem.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 755
# 7
10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Daleks where winning the time war against the bloody TIME Lords.
There were no winners in The Last Great Time War, everyone lost
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 97
# 8 Sorry...
10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Something I thought about the other day, and pretty much immediately came up with an answer to, but wondered if anyone else would share my opinion...

A Dalek's extermination ray would probably kill a drone or two, but their shields would soon adapt, as it's an energy weapon (with apparently one setting) So that would be advantage Borg. However. I don't think that the Borg would view Dalek (either creature or technology) as actually worth assimilating (wouldn't give them anything they don't already have) so I think the Borg would simply destroy the Daleks rather than wasting the resources for assimilation...

What do you think? Yay or nay?
Some one actually beat you to the punch dude. Ever heard of the section 31 files? (if not, go look them up, its an awesome audio series!)

Anyway, in the last episode of the section 31 files, the daleks escape into the star trek universe. The borg let them out. In the end, I'm pretty sure that they all die. But the borg do assimilate the daleks. The daleks in the end are still organic creatures. So in Dalek vs. Borg, borg win.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 755
# 9
10-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveofthefuture View Post
Some one actually beat you to the punch dude. Ever heard of the section 31 files? (if not, go look them up, its an awesome audio series!)

Anyway, in the last episode of the section 31 files, the daleks escape into the star trek universe. The borg let them out. In the end, I'm pretty sure that they all die. But the borg do assimilate the daleks. The daleks in the end are still organic creatures. So in Dalek vs. Borg, borg win.
That's a fan created audio series, it's not canonical
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 755
# 10
10-10-2012, 01:15 AM
The Borg would never assimilate mutants anyway, no matter how good their tech is, the Daleks would detract from the perfection the Borg seek. Let's not discount the fact that they would also assimilate Dalek behaviour, which is to consider all other forms of life as inferior and destroy them
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.