Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Commericals in STO?
10-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Just had a weird experience. Was in the middle of a Foundry mission and all of a sudden I started hearing commericals. But as soon as I clicked on the UI, it immediately stopped. And it happened again after I finished playing the Foundry mission.

I'm a Lifetimer and we aren't supposed to be getting commericals. So I figure this has to be a bug of somekind and to make a post. Hopefully others are getting hearing it too to confirm.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Career Officer
# 2 interesting
10-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Just had a weird experience. Was in the middle of a Foundry mission and all of a sudden I started hearing commericals. But as soon as I clicked on the UI, it immediately stopped. And it happened again after I finished playing the Foundry mission.

I'm a Lifetimer and we aren't supposed to be getting commericals. So I figure this has to be a bug of somekind and to make a post. Hopefully others are getting hearing it too to confirm.

that is good to know, i have not experienced this yet.
Ensign
# 3
10-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:

I'm an old Vet, though not a lifer, and I'm not gold anymore either since I have more than enough perks. Anyways, I've never once heard or seen a commercial. Didn't even know they had those in game. Are you sure you weren't hearing your TV or something in the background?
Cyrilmak - Vice Admiral 50 - Starfleet Tactical Officer - Fleet Senior Member of: Council of Athena
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-06-2012, 07:45 AM
The only people who should be hearing any commercials are silver players who use the in-game voice chat feature.

I'd bug report it if the above doesnt describe you.
Career Officer
# 5
10-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
... and all of a sudden I started hearing commericals.
Commercials you say?...
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Rihannsu
# 6
10-06-2012, 08:40 AM
yeah you get all sorts of stupid stuff in the voice chat...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.