Captain
Feedback, including any notice of typos would be extremely helpful.

Title: Trojan Horse

Faction: Federation

Level: 41+

Description: Starfleet Intelligence has a daring and risky assignment for you. If successful, this mission could deliver a final crushing defeat to the Borg collective.

Author's note: This is a shuttle mission into a Borg cube. It's designed to be combat-heavy with very little text, puzzles, or even story. Warning: It is made for the experienced player. Your shuttle needs to have the best gear, and you need to use all your skills, doffs, batteries, and other tricks to make it through alive. This is not an easy mission.

Playtime: 30-45 minutes.
Ensign
# 2 Awesome mIssion
10-09-2012, 06:40 AM
This is a amazing mission, one of the best I have played to date and one of your best. The maps are superb, the story is awesome and the Exit the nest map would be one awesome shuttle race map
Keep up the good work
=/\= LLAP =/\=
Join date Jan 2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Brilliant job with that map. Brutal on framerates - murdered my laptop and then forced me to drop to medium on my desktop. But still beautiful and worth the extra effort.

The Thunderchild console is 100% cheating on this mission - tears through the probes in a few hits.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
It was very interesting watching this mission evolve from a tester and spectator's standpoint, watching the balancing process and seeing how difficult it is to balance for a shuttle mission. Lest we forget, STO didn't have shuttles at launch, and the Foundry was not designed with shuttles in mind.

Kirkfat and I tested this mission as a team at a time when he was using fighter groups (Not sure if that's where he ended up), and we got absolutely slaughtered. Then we tested it separately and I got through it, though it was a challenge, while he continued to get pwned.

Still, nothing about the difficulty takes away from the brilliant map design. Well done KF!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 5
10-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
It was very interesting watching this mission evolve from a tester and spectator's standpoint, watching the balancing process and seeing how difficult it is to balance for a shuttle mission. Lest we forget, STO didn't have shuttles at launch, and the Foundry was not designed with shuttles in mind.

Kirkfat and I tested this mission as a team at a time when he was using fighter groups (Not sure if that's where he ended up), and we got absolutely slaughtered. Then we tested it separately and I got through it, though it was a challenge, while he continued to get pwned.

Still, nothing about the difficulty takes away from the brilliant map design. Well done KF!
Thanks Drogyn. I had to finally accept that there really wasn't much that I could do regarding the difficulty. The mobs are now weak orions and one weak Borg as the space boss. I can't get through it, lol. But, others can.

I can't use the fighters because they prove nearly impossible to target in the core map.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah fighters don't automatically have HUD reticules around them anymore. I had to tab-target, which I usually do anyway.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic