Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Does no one like the Nebula ?
10-11-2012, 06:48 AM
ok now Granted the Nebula or Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit (tier 5) is a C-store ship but I was wondering why I dont see more of these Science ships in the game... I can go to the most heavily populated areas in the game and at most I see 1 or two others in that area and thats countiing me...

Is there some problem with the Nebula Retrofit that I am un-aware of ? or is it that people would rather spend thier zen points on something other than arguable the best science ship in the game... second to the Wells Class at the moment.

I have come up with Viable Builds for the retrofit and fleet versions of this ship that seem to work well... but seriously is there some problem with the nebula that I do not know about ?
Lieutenant
# 2
10-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
oor is it that people would rather spend thier zen points on something other than arguable the best science ship in the game... second to the Wells Class at the moment.
^^^^^^^^^^

This, it is very simple, we have lots of ships to use, but the latest ships inserted into the systems are considered OP (more useful if you like) so everyone have to use them, call it PvP or PvE, since they have better BOFF layouts and passive abilities.

A partner of mine use (and won't change) the Nebula, you can contact him if you want to share builds, he simply loves that ship.

he is @cerritouru

Cheers
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 3
10-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Most of the Z-store ships I bought have all been the lower tiered ones Fed side but one of the T5 ships I have bought is the Neb, because as you say it is quite simply an awesome ship. I love its ruggedness and sensor analysis and any sci toon of mine will generally be seen flying either this or a D'kyr.
Career Officer
# 4
10-26-2012, 06:30 PM
i think the money spent on the cdr level nebula gives your captains the best bang for the buck. for sci it's an awesome shield tank for engy, the extra EP2X for Tac TT and HYT or TS and a BOL or faw...
No to T5 Constitution No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Captain
# 5
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Why bother with that slow turning nebula with no firepower, Fleet Recon Sci ship is way better, or the Wells but it doesn't hit has hard as the Fleet Recon. Haven't tried it yet but the Fleet Nova also seems like a better choice as it has manuverability and offense power too. You still need to be able to do dps as well as use science abilities or STFs and other pve content will take forever.

These are the only sci ships I don't wince at when seeing them in an stf with me since they can do their job as sci ships just as good as a Nebula but can actually help dps too.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-27-2012, 06:38 AM
I get what you're saying. I have other science ships on my tac too. I honestly like how hardy the Neb is though -- especially the fleet Neb.

Its fun playing a sci/cruiser tbh. I make my builds with pvp in mind more than pve. If I want to pve, I can configure it accordingly.

Undoubtedly though, there are other sci ships that are conducive to pretty sick builds. Pyro intrepid, etc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-27-2012, 11:06 AM
This thread, as well as some fleet mates, have peeked my interest enough to grind out a Sci char and work on getting a Neb. I for one like the design of the Neb keep the discussion going. A lot of great advice.

I really wish Cryptic would bring back the class sub forums.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
10-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Why bother with that slow turning nebula with no firepower, Fleet Recon Sci ship is way better, or the Wells but it doesn't hit has hard as the Fleet Recon. Haven't tried it yet but the Fleet Nova also seems like a better choice as it has manuverability and offense power too. You still need to be able to do dps as well as use science abilities or STFs and other pve content will take forever.

These are the only sci ships I don't wince at when seeing them in an stf with me since they can do their job as sci ships just as good as a Nebula but can actually help dps too.
Seriously ? you think the neb cant do DPS well ?

you have obviously not run into my Fleet Neb... as it can usually tank a Tac Cube while still putting dicent numbers out for damage.... as I have said before I will say again... the ship itself is a fine ship... it really needs a good player to get the most out of it.... I will out DPS any science ship in the game but a Carrier or the Wells class with my Fleet Nebula
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-11-2012, 06:55 AM
The nebula is a very nice ship. The console on it is not the best by a long shot. Science is one of the hardest ships to plan for with all the changes and when looking in the c-store I'm sure a lot of people eye up the atrox.

I have an engineer in the fleet nebula and it is very tanky. I still wish I could use the venture skin on it.
Captain
# 10
10-11-2012, 07:01 AM
In fact i like the Nebula in STO better then in other games.
I really like its BOFF layout, i think it's one of the better ones in this game. It makes the ship very versatile and fun, compared to the Galaxy class for instance.

But i really HATE its looks. Since i saw it in TNG: the Wounded i think it is an exceptional ugly ship, a really bad made Galaxy Class kitbash.

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit