Ensign
# 1 DSSV or RSV?
10-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I am a sci captain and I am going to get my last fee ship. Which one should I get?
Commander
# 2
10-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainmaster2000 View Post
I am a sci captain and I am going to get my last fee ship. Which one should I get?
If you want more emphasis on supporting your teammates, the DSSV thanks to the ability to slot 2 x EPtS 1 and Extend Shields.

If you want a ship with more Tactical punch, the RSV is for you. IMO, the RSV is a little easier to drive with the ability to run 2 TT1's and AP:B for STF's.
Captain
# 3
10-11-2012, 06:12 PM
DSSV can take more punishment with a larger hull, ensign Eng, and another engineering console, but turns slower. The RSV has less hull, an ensign Tac and gives up a engineering console for a tactical console, but turns faster. I say split the middle and get a Mirror RSV off the Exchange for cheap, it has the BOff and console layout of the regular RSV, but the thicker hull (though slower turn) of the DSSV.

I went with the DSSV prior to the mirror Sci ships, and glad I went that way for extra hull to help with the plasma burn that the Borg love inflicting.