Captain
# 1 Opinion - Regent or Odyssey?
10-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Well, I've had the Regent since it was launched, and I have to say it's a pretty decent ship. However, I'm not sure if I ought to swap back to my Odyssey (3-pack, using the tac or sci version) or not.

This brought up the question - for those who have both, which do you favor and why? I'm curious as to see what the reaction has been to the Regent, since I've heard people who prefer the Odyssey and those who have preferred the Regent, so I thought I'd just ask here.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Depends on your build but I perfer the Regent due to the turn rate and Boff layout.
Career Officer
# 3
10-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Take the 180deg torp from the Regent and place it on your Tac Oddy. Want manuverability? Pop the top on your Ody and go to town.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 4
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
or do something completely different and use the Excelsior, it's just a smidge less P2W than the Regent
Captain
# 5
10-12-2012, 11:12 AM
You currently have both right? Why are you asking us XD.

That aside, I'd take the Oddy over the regent (as of right now). The oddy is tankier, higher damage output capacity, and better ability (albeit not constantly) to move around. As crypticarmsman sad, pop the top and go to town. I do that and my dps increase by a good 30% and suddenly turning is not an issue XD.

But I also have to say, metreon console, although not practical, is quite fun.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 6
10-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I have both the regent and oddy 3 pack. i am a BIG oddy fan, especially the tac and sci oddy. i agree with the post above. the oddy tanks better and does more damage.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Captain
# 7
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You currently have both right? Why are you asking us XD.

That aside, I'd take the Oddy over the regent (as of right now). The oddy is tankier, higher damage output capacity, and better ability (albeit not constantly) to move around. As crypticarmsman sad, pop the top and go to town. I do that and my dps increase by a good 30% and suddenly turning is not an issue XD.

But I also have to say, metreon console, although not practical, is quite fun.
Actually I was just wondering what the general thoughts were on the ships. I know the Regent's been somewhat controversial, so I was curious what those on the forum might think.
Captain
# 8
10-12-2012, 06:21 PM
The regent looks better

The oddessy fights better and looks
Terrible without it's saucer

It's worst drawback is the stupid cool down
If you have to respawn (5min) if you really
Like the maneuverability without the saucer
If you respawn you might as well go do something
Else for 5 minutes

Saucer sep cooldown is why I don't pvp with
It
If your fine with the regent stay with it the oddy
Is like a drug with saucer sep once you use it
You don't want to fly with the saucer.
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lieutenant
# 9
10-15-2012, 12:21 AM
the regent is not a bad ship at all I have not real complaints but I do agree with one of the post the ship is basiclly the same as the sov class. I am looking to get the TAC oddy at some point but over all like I said imo the regent is a good ship I like flying this frame.