Lieutenant
I know that the majority of Star Trek TV series only ran for 7 seasons. Does this apply to STO?

Will there be some new version STO.TNG or something to take its place?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
I know that the majority of Star Trek TV series only ran for 7 seasons. Does this apply to STO?

Will there be some new version STO.TNG or something to take its place?
No there will not be. The game is slated to shut down December 21st.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
No there will not be. The game is slated to shut down December 21st.
Someone said it on the internet, so it has to be true.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-12-2012, 03:28 PM
it will be around til many more seasons PWE bought it 50 mil they need to make about a 10x profit before they will shut it down, which is good for me I love the lockbox ships.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Captain
# 5
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
As long there is a good many players playing and buying. Which gives them money. I don't see it happening any time soon. However nothing is written in stone.

I would hate to see STO go offline, been playing for about 6 months. I really love the game.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
OP -

How can you even think about typing such a thing in light of the recent Fire Sale!
Career Officer
# 7
10-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srspells View Post
it will be around til many more seasons PWE bought it 50 mil they need to make about a 10x profit before they will shut it down, which is good for me I love the lockbox ships.
-Spells
They bought CRYPTIC for 50... That dosen't nessacarily mean that STO was of interest to them... merely that it was a bonus game where they could rip off naive people.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 8
10-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
They bought CRYPTIC for 50... That dosen't nessacarily mean that STO was of interest to them... merely that it was a bonus game where they could rip off naive people.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 9
10-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Not sure if this a troll, a joke, or someone who is very into numerology

At anyrate, No... The Devs have several times mentioned Seasons 8 and 9 for several other projects. And as far as I can see, the storyline with the Iconians are not going to be finished anytime soon.

Also, a season of television is a year of content. A "season" in STO is once every 3 months or so, and has more game elements than plot.

Another thing to consider is that Television series have a definite ending when the writers decide that the story is finished and there is nothing left to tell. An MMO ends when the Devs. publishers, and the gamers themselves decide that the game has run it's course and the server is shut down.

Don't worry. Still plenty of Klingons to Send to Sto'va'kor
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Chris from STOked claimed PWE bought STO, Champs, and Neverwinter for the tech as opposed to buying them with any serious thought of making a profit off them; hence, he claimed, the reason that since the PWE takeover was finalized, the only content updates we have really seen have been lockboxes and grind. He also claimed that STO is considered an 'R&D project only' per their most recent financial releases.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online