Career Officer
# 1 Gold to Lifetime
10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I'd like to know how long it takes after purchasing a LTS that it becomes active.
I have approx 60 days of Gold subscription left, and Zen to collect from that over the next two months.
However, the current reduced price of LTS is far too tempting to ignore, regardless of the 1,000 Day Vet 'reward' fiasco. I had intended to go LTS early next year anyway but now seems an ideal time.

So basically if I purchased LTS now, how soon could I login to the game and start a Liberated Borg character (and equip all of my VA's with a Chimera...) ?
Career Officer
# 2
10-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
When you purchase the Lifetime Sub, it will override a recurring sub and the system should automatically cancel it before applying the new Lifetime Sub. However, there will be no credit for any remaining unused gametime.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That would suggest, to me, that you would lose out on the 60 days, and the stipend from them. But, would get the stipend as per the LTS sub.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 3
10-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info, where did you find that? Had a look earlier while i was in work but couldn't find a definite answer.
9 out of every 10 posts are people complaining about their Veteran Rewards are no longer Veteran lol
Career Officer
# 4
10-13-2012, 06:23 PM
This is the thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post6037121

Sorry, I thought I had included it above.

Branflakes (community manager) goes onto say that the changeover is instantaneous too.

One poster mentioned that you could buy the LTS now, and wait to apply the code under after you get the remaining time and stipend from your existing sub. - No idea if that is accurate info though. Maybe you have enough time to submit a ticket to ask for an official reply, or better yet, you might have more luck tweeting pwebranflakes on twitter about it.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 10-13-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Super Moderator
# 5
10-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
This is the thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post6037121

Sorry, I thought I had included it above.

Branflakes (community manager) goes onto say that the changeover is instantaneous too.

One poster mentioned that you could buy the LTS now, and wait to apply the code under after you get the remaining time and stipend from your existing sub. - No idea if that is accurate info though. Maybe you have enough time to submit a ticket to ask for an official reply, or better yet, you might have more luck tweeting pwebranflakes on twitter about it.
This is incorrect. There is no code for LTS it is automatically and instantly applied to your account.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
There also wouldn't be much point to holding onto the LTS until your current gold subscription ran out anyway. You're going to get the same stipend and gold rewards rewards regardless. Holding off activating it after purchase if you could, would only mean you'd have to wait for the LTS rewards.