Captain
I know that PSGs are supposedly "new technology" but I think they should be worth more than 3 shots from the borg, so here's what I propose should be done about this.

1: Endgame (STF sets etc) PSGs should have their caps raised to 500-750, this will give them a few more hits before exposing your health bar to damage. (all others should have their caps increased accordingly)

2: Endgame PSG resistances should also be raised, they're silly now

3: Reroute power to shields should become the ground equivalent of Emergency power to shields (with respective level increases for example: RPtS 1 = EPtS 1, RPtS 2 = EPtS 2, RPtS 3 = EPtS 3)

4: The shield generators on engineering kits are laughable, I think they should get a slght boost to regen and to resistance

5: I think the medical generator should also get a buff (off topic I know) as they are just as laughable

I can't think of any more things to add to this list but all of these things would make PSGs a lot more useful and add to the Engineers ability to assist the team with bunker fabrication. We all know that Science can use the medic kit to health tank (which is in NO way a call for a nerf, it's a GOOD thing) but I think that Engineers should be the counterpart to this with the ability to shield tank.

I appreciate ANYONE'S input on this
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Amen on all this.

Shields are a joke on the ground. Easy to recharge, but SO easy to lose and not gain back if you're still being shot at.

Engineers healing their shields I'm not worried about, but we only have three shield heals outside of items. The captain ability of re-route power to shields, and the Shield Recharge on one, maybe two kits. Along with of course, the Shield Generator.

Even so, Generators pull a huge amount of aggro and die within moments to anything. they can be healed, but only once a minute with the Quick Fix ability, and by the time that happens, you can make a new one already, especially Turrets or Mortars since you will have another chance at a DOFF proc if you have those equipped.

At the very VERY least, make the PS Generators skill give much more to shields. Threat control would also be nice to give a shield resistance boost to as well, because that only affects armor, and it's easy to resist health damage and easy to gain it back.

More engineering shield heals would be nice as well.

This might be a little more needed than most would think, considering that Into the Hive is coming out, and things might be pretty tough there.

Empire Veteran
# 3
10-14-2012, 12:44 PM
we desperately need better shield heals, reroute power to shields can be interrupted if you

get shot at. and the other two classes only have shield batteries to use
Captain
# 4
10-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanreborn View Post
the other two classes only have shield batteries to use
That's why I suggested the generator buff
Rihannsu
# 5
10-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I think that the solution is very simple. Change the area affected by the generators meaning the Engineers can put them further from the line of fire.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 6
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
I think that the solution is very simple. Change the area affected by the generators meaning the Engineers can put them further from the line of fire.
that doesn't change the lack of effect though, I don't have a problem with their range, most of the time it's easy to put them behind cover and if you can't then you give them a cover shield, the problem is the laugh-ability of their effect, and the lacking PSG cap and resistance, the generator only buys you 2 more shots in an elite STF if that