Cryptic Studios Team
Official Into the Hive Feedback Thread

Please leave your comments, feedback, concerns, and BUGS here.

Additionally, please note whether you played on normal or elite difficulty.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I like it!
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Rihannsu
# 3
10-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I like it!
I cannae patch any faster, cap'n

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 4
10-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I cannae patch any faster, cap'n
yes took a while to download hmm i am ready
Republic Veteran
# 5
10-15-2012, 12:36 PM
hmmm im logged in and on the pvE Queues but why does it now show how many players are trying to do that particular mission???
Rihannsu
# 6
10-15-2012, 01:18 PM
yes, please bring back the bit that shows you how many players have queued. with so many events its very helpful to know.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Spoilers Below pertaining to "Into the Hive" do not read further if you don't want to be spoiled. You have been Warned.

So, I got the chance to check out Into the Hive on Tribble with a group, first we tried Elite, then we tried Normal.

Number 1 problem - Too many one shot kills. I dunno what you guys have done to the borg, but they are killing us faster than ever. Me, and most of the team had Mark 12 MACO gear, weapons, and darnit it's a lot harder than any other Elite ground STF. The damage the borg are dealing is beyond insane, this needs nurfed before it's ready.

Number 2 annoyance - I know the electrical floor grid system is intentional, but darn is it annoying. It is also sometimes hard to tell the square you are on is going green about to be electrocuted when you have some abilities active, for example Thermo Induction Field from SCI officers, and even Orbital Strike, and Overwatch, and other abilities that have large color patterns on the ground. It is hard to tell when your square is lighting up green.

I also think it is killing us too fast. I get that it's supposed to fry you, but perhaps do it a bit slower so we have the chance to jump out of it. I.e., when it activates, don't one shot kill us, let us jump out of it, with like half damage.

I also think in Normal mode there shouldn't be any electrocuting. Leave that for the Elite players.

Unfortunately that's as far as our team got, even in Normal mode we didn't get past that first section. The damage being done to us was just too great, we tried for a long time also.

One Bug - We got a bug in Normal mode. It wouldn't let us activate the drones and attack them for a very long time, then all the sudden it started working.

I feel like I need Mark 20 gear for this ground STF in Elite. It's a tad too much right now. I also wish you guys had introduced a new space STF, instead of another ground one, but that's a personal preference.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Career Officer
# 9
10-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Spoilers Below pertaining to "Into the Hive" do not read further if you don't want to be spoiled. You have been Warned.

So, I got the chance to check out Into the Hive on Tribble with a group, first we tried Elite, then we tried Normal.

Number 1 problem - Too many one shot kills. I dunno what you guys have done to the borg, but they are killing us faster than ever. Me, and most of the team had Mark 12 MACO gear, weapons, and darnit it's a lot harder than any other Elite ground STF. The damage the borg are dealing is beyond insane, this needs nurfed before it's ready.

Number 2 annoyance - I know the electrical floor grid system is intentional, but darn is it annoying. It is also sometimes hard to tell the square you are on is going green about to be electrocuted when you have some abilities active, for example Thermo Induction Field from SCI officers, and even Orbital Strike, and Overwatch, and other abilities that have large color patterns on the ground. It is hard to tell when your square is lighting up green.

I also think it is killing us too fast. I get that it's supposed to fry you, but perhaps do it a bit slower so we have the chance to jump out of it. I.e., when it activates, don't one shot kill us, let us jump out of it, with like half damage.

I also think in Normal mode there shouldn't be any electrocuting. Leave that for the Elite players.

Unfortunately that's as far as our team got, even in Normal mode we didn't get past that first section. The damage being done to us was just too great, we tried for a long time also.

One Bug - We got a bug in Normal mode. It wouldn't let us activate the drones and attack them for a very long time, then all the sudden it started working.

I feel like I need Mark 20 gear for this ground STF in Elite. It's a tad too much right now. I also wish you guys had introduced a new space STF, instead of another ground one, but that's a personal preference.

1. I guess they might be coming out with Mk 13 with the reputation system? They did say its not implemented yet so the one shot kills might go down with better gear.

2. From the impression I got it supposed to be like the plasma floor in Infected.

That said I do agree that the visual cue needs to be better. More obvious.
Commander
# 10
10-15-2012, 07:06 PM
On normal mode the first two zones felt too easy and quick; comparable to the difficulty of the original 3 Borg missions in the story line.

The difficulty of Boss fight after we figured out some decent strategies felt about right but it was too long. Once good tactics and strategies are in place and become common knowledge this boss fight will seem very monotonous when we do it multiple times to increase our Omega Fleet Reputation.

To fix it I would recommend adding two more Borg at each node in the 1st room, in the second room tipple the number of Borg spawns as the node initializes and add a second node identical to the 1st, and for the Boss fight reduce the HP of the Queen.