Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
I went to ker'rat. 5 bad players were waiting for around the respawn zone to shot anyone is coming. It's not fairly game. You respawn they are still shot you that the system doesn't allow you to shot and strike back
It's ridiculous.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Career Officer
# 2
10-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it's been that way since launch apparently.

It's not getting fixed.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-16-2012, 12:53 AM
It is as it is - but this is also an excellent tanking/running training. Accept the challenge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 4
10-16-2012, 01:53 AM
This happened to me once. All the other feds left, leaving me by myself against 5 klingons. I forget which ship I was in, but it wasn't top tier. I'd spawn, they'd shoot, I'd try to escape, I'd explode, rinse and repeat. It was fun, trying different ways to escape, even not respawning straight away. Eventually, we all warped to the new level, and being right in the middle of them all, I just spewed plasma over everyone with the battle cry "PLASMA EVERYTHING!"

It was great fun, and I earned the respect of those klingon warriors.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 5
10-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Ker'rat has been broken as long as I can remember. What day is it? Okay, far longer than I can remember.

Wish I wasn't known as Archived Post - I'd go find some of my lengthy posts on the matter.

As is - it's been broken as long as I can remember...
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-16-2012, 05:14 AM
They would have to take time to fix..... oh, who am I kidding.......
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 7
10-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
I went to ker'rat. 5 bad players were waiting for around the respawn zone to shot anyone is coming. It's not fairly game. You respawn they are still shot you that the system doesn't allow you to shot and strike back
It's ridiculous.
you should see it on a good day.

i once got caught by 10+ klingons and went on to kill a bunch before i was killed myself.

it is what kerrat is, the ONLY open warzone type of area in sto. dont take that away.
Captain
# 8
10-16-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
it is what kerrat is, the ONLY open warzone type of area in sto. dont take that away.
They could fix the broken respawn. They could do something about how long the warp-in takes while the ship's getting hit (yes, that's machine dependent - but it's something they could work on).

There are some simple things they could do - which would make it a better factional warzone.

I do not believe they should go the C&H route or a DMZ thing - but they need to fix where the Feds respawn after a restart. Or perhaps even go the Arena route with multiple respawn areas - including the initial spawn, eh?
Career Officer
# 9
10-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
They could fix the broken respawn. They could do something about how long the warp-in takes while the ship's getting hit (yes, that's machine dependent - but it's something they could work on).

There are some simple things they could do - which would make it a better factional warzone.

I do not believe they should go the C&H route or a DMZ thing - but they need to fix where the Feds respawn after a restart. Or perhaps even go the Arena route with multiple respawn areas - including the initial spawn, eh?
sure they could, but will they? no.

almost 3 years of "we'll get around to it" and almost everything wrong in kerrat has been there since the beta of the game and has been mentioned time and time again.

they just dont care about pvp.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-16-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
sure they could, but will they? no.

almost 3 years of "we'll get around to it" and almost everything wrong in kerrat has been there since the beta of the game and has been mentioned time and time again.

they just dont care about pvp.
Well, they have to make economic decisions when running the business that STO is. The few hundred Ker'rat regulars won't feed their families.

But then again, how much work could fixing Ker'rat, could even making two more maps like it, really be?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584